• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding type

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just getting started in PS.  I want to add more than one line of type. When I try to return (even in paragraph form), the type types right over what I just typed!  I can not get it to return to a new line! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Can you post a screen shot? You might want to check your leading to make sure your spacing is set to default, or just reset your preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Hi @Cindy5C1C 

I agree with Chuck. It sounds like it might be a leading issue. Open your Character panel from the Window menu. Typical leading is typesize+2, meaning 12 pt type would get 14 pts of leading, but that's only a starting place. You can also use Auto Leading, which defaults to 120% of the typesize.

Show your Character panel with text selected if you don't see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? You might want to check your leading to make sure your spacing is set to default, or just reset your preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cindy5C1C 

I agree with Chuck. It sounds like it might be a leading issue. Open your Character panel from the Window menu. Typical leading is typesize+2, meaning 12 pt type would get 14 pts of leading, but that's only a starting place. You can also use Auto Leading, which defaults to 120% of the typesize.

Show your Character panel with text selected if you don't see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right! When I finally found and changed the leading to auto, the
problem was fixed! Wow, so much to learn!!! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Cindy, and I'm glad it's fixed for you. If you need to adjust the spacing between the lines of a paragraph later, use a specific leading. Start with the typesize+2 rule of thumb and adjust up or down.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines