• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adjusting a Gray image to a bone white

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello does anyone have any suggetions adjusting a Gray image to a bone white? the product is back splash tile its outlines with a white background but it look gray 

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 4.49.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lift the white point with Levels or Curves.

But the real problem is that the lighting doesn't match with a pure white background. Most critically, you really need to get rid of that heavy shadow on the right. A white background implies soft and completely diffused light, but that's clearly not the light this was originally shot in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the lighting is bad but this is how the client wanted the tiles shot it was in a room with no extra lights just over head lights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this with an adjustment layer (Hue/Satuation) and a top layer filled with white and set to Soft Light.

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 9.44.46 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 9.44.57 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help I will try that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really, really need to get rid of those shadows.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-16-at-4.49_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree but the client wants them there I have lighten them up a bit thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

color.png

It seems that “Bone White” is a name assigned to many similar colors.  The site shown above displays a hex value that I assume is keyed to sRGB as  #d7d0c0 and comes very close to the pictured sample shown.

This translates to Lab Color : L84 a0 b9

The list to the right of the sample specs CIE L*a*b (rounded) L84 a0 b8

Is that the color you are aiming for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines