• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer pattern option grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my photoshop updated today and suddenly I do not have the option for a pattern adjustment layer from the menu.  I can still create one by dragging and dropping from my patterns view but not from the menu.  Any idea why this is happening?

ajahadi_0-1612982383084.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Ps version exactly? Try to reset preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#:~:text=Choose%20Photoshop%20>%20Preference.... what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that didn't work.  I'm on creative cloud and am up to date on updates.  version 22.2 according to my creative cloud desktop version. 

I decided to create a new pattern and then suddenly it appeared again.  I'm a surface pattern designer so I have lots of patterns - not sure why it only showed up after I created another one. 

After deleting the placeholder pattern that I created it looks like it went away again (grayed out the option)  I think it has to do with some kind of directory thing - I have all my patterns in meaningful folders - there must be some kind of pattern root directory that I'm unaware of and must need to keep at least one pattern in that location. so strange as this is a new problem and I've been working this way forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a same problem and am glad I found your post.  I also deleted pattern I created and saved in the location now seems to be working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you solved this, but I found your post while trying to figure out what was wrong and, I don't know why, but all my patterns disappeared, so I had to install them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines