• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Layer Problems

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the adjustment layer button, on the bottom of a layer to work.  If, for example, I want to change the hue/saturation of a layer when I press the ying/yang button on the bottom of the layer, I get a new layer but there is no way to make adjustments to the hue or the saturation.  If I  go the adjustments tab on the toolbar under the image tab and select hue/saturation then it works.  Also, if I use the Control U shortcut, that works.  I suspect that there is a setting that needs to be set to correct this situation, but I cannot find it.  I am using Windows 10, 64 bits /channel, and RGB color.

HELP

howie@hgfamily.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Properties, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an image with less size. Hopefully, I can send it to you.
[image: image.png]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don’t attach images in email-replies but post them on the Forum in a browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I am using Windows 10, 64 bits /channel, and RGB color.«

Say what? Photoshop supports 8bit, 16bit amd 32bit per Channel for RGB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have taken a screenshot and was unable to send it to you because the file size is too large.  How do I resize the printscreen image?  (This is getting more complicated that I ever imagined.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

Also when you want to adjust an adjustment layer you already set up, click or double-click inside the adjustment thumbnail and the related adjustment window will pop up ready to change your settings.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 1.30.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted a couple of times, look for the Properties panel when using a non-modal adjustment layer (as opposed to a modal dialog window for a direct image adjustment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines