Highlighted

Adobe Bridge Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copy photos from my memory chip to my Mac using abobe bridge and Camera Raw.  The files are converted from NEF format to DNG files on my main hard drive and the NEF files are copied to my back up drive.  I am experieincing periodic crashes.  That is, so many files will be copied / converted and bridge experiences a problem.  I get the message "Adobe Bridge cannot obtain all files from this device.  PLease ensure the device is connected properly, ot that the battery is charged".  I would like to resolve this issue.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Bridge Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copy photos from my memory chip to my Mac using abobe bridge and Camera Raw.  The files are converted from NEF format to DNG files on my main hard drive and the NEF files are copied to my back up drive.  I am experieincing periodic crashes.  That is, so many files will be copied / converted and bridge experiences a problem.  I get the message "Adobe Bridge cannot obtain all files from this device.  PLease ensure the device is connected properly, ot that the battery is charged".  I would like to resolve this issue.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using Photo Downloader? (i.e., Using the "Get Photos from Camera" command via the button on the toolbar or File > Get Photos from Camera on the menu bar.)

How are connecting to your system? USB card reader? Direct from camera? Things that may affect speed are the media and the reader (if one exists) being used. In addition, there may be a chance the media may be corrupted. (Rare, but it happens.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, using Photo Downloader.  I am connecting by putting the SD card into a card reader.  I am downloading both RAW and JPEGs.  I am wondering if the new version of Bridge can't handle that.  I highly doubt the media is corrupted but I will check.  I have used this method for years with virtually no issues.  In the past the only limit I came upon was trying to download more than 500 at a time.  Now it is crashing after 4 or 8 files.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try copying the images from the SD card using your operating system to see if it presents the same issue. If it does, you know it's the media (and/or the reader).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you for your assistance.  It is greatly appreciated.  I use a Fuji XT-3 which has dual slots and I am experiencing the issue with either card.  My Mac was purchased in 2012 and I am using the most recent version of Bridge.  This leads me to beleive it is not an issue with the card(s).  I have not tried copying the files diretly yet.  However, I have been experimenting....

When I "get phots from camera" there are two options: Untitled#1 and #2 (even though there is only one chip in the reader).  If I select #2 and only download the RAW files I have sucess.  I have donloaded up to 116 files.  However, individually selecting just the RAQ files is a royal pain.  Also, #2 seems to be slower at reading the chip than #1.  Does any of that provide any insight into what the issue might be?

Perhaps I should get a new computer but that is not in the cards at this point in time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're taking the cards out of the X-T3 and putting them into the card reader?

I'm suspecting there might be something up with the reader itself, per @D_Fosse's suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.  I will pick up a new reader.  I am currently downloading files from a XQD card with no issues at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me once, until I replaced the card reader (and the card just to be safe).

The likely explanation is a loose connection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines