• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Camera Raw 13.0.2 and Acronis True Image 2021

Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here going to tell you my experiences using Acronis True Image and Adobe Photoshop.

I have been using Acronis True Image for about 10 years and it is one of the best backup programs around. I have multiple hard drives in my pc and I use Acronis True Image to back them up mostly daily to other hard drives in an external caddy.

I never had any problems until a year ago when ACR within Photoshop became very sluggish after an upgrade. After some investigation, I saw a letter from someone else who had the problem on one computer that had Acronis on it and not on another which didn’t. Exactly the same as myself.

I will mention that Lightroom was not affected but ACR as a filter was as well.

I checked with the latest version of Acronis 2020 which I had just installed and found that it had a new feature called Active Protection which gave protection from ransomware etc.

Here you could turn off this feature, which worked, or you could turn off the feature for specific files or folders. I stopped it working on just photoshop.exe and everything was fine also, and so it stayed that way until I was notified that Acronis 2021 was available and I upgraded.

A week later the new version of the Adobe products became available and I was checking out the new colour grading feature and again Adobe Camera Raw stopped working.

I checked the new version of Acronis True Image 2021 and found that the previous ransomware feature was now Active Protection, and there was an option, as before, to turn this feature off.  I did this, but the problem did not go away.

I then deleted this version of Acronis True Image and the problem went away.

Several times I deleted and installed Acronis True Image 2021 and tried to stop the Active Protection installing but it cannot be done as this is integral with the program. I tried updating my graphics driver and tried a different graphics card because some people on the Adobe forum said that it could that the graphics driver that needs updating. I tested on two other pcs, but the results were the same.

The solution is to delete the 2021 version of Acronis True image and go back to Acronis 2020 and the problem will go away.

Who needs these additional software features that Acronis force onto us.  I have adequate coverage with software specifically for that purpose. My message to Acronis is to let the customers decide whether or not they want this Active Protection before forcing them to install it and then they will have more satisfied customers.

I hope that this will be of help to others who are having a similar problem with ACR with all of the current upgrades.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , 

I have been in lengthy correspondence with Acronis on this. They have now released build 34340 of version 2021.

This build has resolved the problem with ACR and you can have the full protection if you want and still use ACR. Previously you had to exclude Adobe folders from protection to get ACR to work (except in build 32010 where it didn't)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had ongoing issues with Acronis True Image 2020 and ACR. I read that v2021 didn't have the same problem, so I upgraded and installed v2021. The problem became worse. Like the OP, I tried to disable active-protection, but couldn't. The version I have installed is build 34340. I added exclusions for the Adobe folders, the ACR cache folder, and others, but the issue didn't get better.

I tried disabling the "Acronis Active Protection Service" service in Windows Services, but that didn't help. 

Finally, I found that if I killed the "Acronis active protection service" in Task Manager, that did the trick - ACR worked beautifully. As soon as Acronis True Image is started, however, the "Acronis active protection service" restarts, and it has to be killed again.

I paid $20 earlier tonight for an "incident", and hopefully can get to 2nd level support of Acronis to see if they can address this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update - Apparently build 34340 fixed the problem for those running Norton AV (and maybe others), but not for those runing Malwarebytes, as I am. I'm still working with Acronis, and hopefully they'll come up with a fix for my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem also concerns other version of Acronis True Image, which offer  "Active Protection Service". The problem disappears (at least in my case) when Active Protection Service is turned off , either on the True Image dashboard or by right clicking the Acronis icon. It would appear that there is no need to uninstall True Image. In fact, there is even no need to turn off Protection Service completely. Just exclude relevant files through the True Image dashboard: eg. *.nef; *.crw (depending on your camera), *.psd, *.jpg, etc.  It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, turning Active Protection off doesn't work in all cases. It may have something to do with the AV software runing on the computer.

Acronis spent quite a bit of time remoting into my system today, and took back lots of logs. They're going to have their developers look at the logs and try to figure out why turning Active Protection off doesn't work on my system. As I indicated earlier, they fixed this problem for some users with build 34340, but it didn't work for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up: After multiple remote sessions with Acronis support, I finally got this email today:

---------------------

I would like to inform you that I have discussed this with the expert team and found that it is a known issue with Acronis True Image 2021.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Our Developers are working on the fix for this problem and it will be available in an upcoming release. There is no exact date of this release as of now. However, if you would like to receive updates on new releases you may subscribe to our newsletters which will ensure you are notified when the update first becomes available. 

---------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, even with Active Protection turned off. I found a fix that is working for me. I am now able to use ACR 'delay free,' even with Active Protection turned on. For me, it was just a matter of getting Acronis to 'trust' Photoshop.

Hope this works for you all as well.

1. Open True Image 2021

2. Select "Protection"

3. Select "Protection exclusions" (window will open eventually - be patient, or bring a book)

4. Select "Add exclusion"

5. Select "Add file"

6. When the explorer opens, navigate to and open the "C://Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2021" folder

7. Select "Photoshop" (This is the .exe file)

8. Select "Save"

That should do it. Results should be instantaneous and you don't need to reload anything or reboot for the exclusion to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, but it didn't work for me. Acronis led me to believe that the antivirus program has something to do with it. I'm using Malwarebytes - what are you using??

bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bert,

I don't use any antivirus software except for Windows Defender.

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be why it worked for you. Acronis indicated that they fixed the problem for Norton antivirus, but it appears they're not gooing to fix it for any other antivirus, at least not malwarebytes.

bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the ACR problem go away if you disable Malwarebytes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected!!

I spent WEEKS working with Acronis on this problem, and installed, uninstalled, re-installed different Acronis versions and added multiple folders and files as "active protection exceptions".  Earlier tonight, I had 6 exceptions, all folders, based on Acronis' suggestions. The "adobe" folders were listed as an exception (as were Topaz and Datacolor), and theoretically, all of the files in those folders were excluded. But, apparently they weren't, as I added the file "photoshop.exe" to the exception list, and ACR is now working as expected. Apparently adding the folders alone didnn't have the same effect. I now have 12 exceptions. One of the things that Acronis told me had to be listed as an exception, if you're  running it, is Datacolor's Spyder software (SpyderUtility.exe).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Glad to hear it's working. I didn't have any luck excepting folders, either. Seems like it has to be the .exe file. I suspect you can probably delete those folders out of the exceptions list. Lastly, I use the Spyder too, and PS is running fine with it in the startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's working better, but still not right. I have Photoshop loaded on 2 desktops - one with Acronis and one without. Both are running (almost) the same software. The computer with Acronis is an I9-9000 with 32gb ram and an NVIDIA GeForse RTX 2060 Super video card. The other computer is an i7 7300 with 16gb ram and a low-end video card.

The computer with the i7 is considerably faster at loading and processing images in ACR. If I uninstall Acronis, the i9 computer becomes super-fast in ACR. 

So, Acronis is still adversely affecting ACR. I do a LOT with Photoshop and ACR - if I could find a suitable replacement for Acronis, I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Acronis came out with a new version of True Image 2021 today (build 39184). It seems to have fixed the issue. I still have all of the exceptions listed, but ACR runs a LOT faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, my problem is resolved!!!

Problem:Camera raw very, very slowly

Acronis 2020 v38530

PS 2021

Caméra Raw 12.4

Sorry for my translate....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines