• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE CAMERA RAW on the go / TABLET & 2-IN-1 LAPTOP?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have an acer nitro 7 i7 9th generation @2.6ghz 6 cores with upto 4.5ghz of boost speed ssd of 512gb. with 16gb of ram 4GB dedicated video ram using the geforce 1650. Performance is flawless running multiple CC apps while editing high volume of photos on ACR. Cannot complain. It runs probably better than a 3k apple laptop and I acdtually spent under 1k on this laptop. So there we go apple people!

I am looking for a 2-IN-1 LAPTOP OR TABLET (preferebly tablet) that can help me edit 300+ raw photos on the go as I am traveling a lot more and want to edit and show my photography portfolio during one-on-one meetings to potential clients. So dual purpose, edit high volume of photos on ACR and display my photos with great vivid birght colors even during a bright sunny day. My workflow is first categorize my pictures by a simple grading system using ACR, the traditional star rating system available for years. I use 2-4 stars for decent looking ediable shots and only give 5 stars to award wining photographs. As I tag them using that grading system then I filter them only working on all the pictures that were prevously rated and I end up editing them in ACR, I use presets and fine tune details for each pictures, basically adjust the sliders that need to be adjusted. I do all of this in my acer nitro 7. I really use a lot of fine tuning in ACR so it is imperative that the tablet I will get can continue to lift the ammount of work I do on my laptop. I also use the full line of  ADOBE CC, but for the tablet I am only going to be using it manily for editing my photography work while on the move. 

QUESTION:
CAN YOU RECOMMEND A TABLET THAT CAN PULL THIS OFF?
Editing high volume of RAW photographs. I rather not used the water down versions of PSD for mobile or photoshop express,  I want to use classic versions of PHOTOSHOP ADOBE CAMERA RAW. I can also move my workflow to LIGHT ROOM, not a big deal. I use it regulargly but my main photography editing software is alway ADOBE CAMERA RAW. 

PLEASE PROVIDE your experience with what you currently have. 
I AM NOT MARRIED TO ANY BRAND, I AM MARRIED TO PERFORMANCE. I USE ASUS, ACER AND APPLE PRODUCTS. 

I am open to suggestions on new brands.

I am looking at the new SAMSUNG TABLE S7+ which will come out in septmber 13th. The draw back it only has 4 or 6gb in ram. Not powerful enough maybe and the chipset I believe is not the most advanced curretnly available in the market.

Let me know your thoughts or even if there is a better workflow to tackle down such challenge. 

I am moving towards working a lot of outdoors and not sitting on my desk 24/7 which is why I need somehting a lot more versatile, light and portable. Also, when I show my portfolio around using a tablet seems to be the most appropiate and indsutry standard way of doing it. 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.

TAKE GOOD CARE.

ANDRES MENTING.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?