• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC OS market percentage

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know which OS has more subscribers between Windows 10 and MacOS in 2015~2017? I heard that more than half of MacOS users subscribed Adobe CC but couldn't find the source for that informations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim

I'm not entirely following your question.  Are you saying that you have read that 'More than half of Adobe CC subscribers use Macs?'

ProDesignTools regularly reports on Adobe product statistics, but I can't remember it being broken down by operating system.

Adobe: Strong Creative Cloud Growth to 9 Million Paid Subscribers | ProDesignTools

There also quite a few articles on Forbes

https://www.forbes.com/search/?q=adobe%20creative%20cloud#5d9e9c7f279f

But I very much doubt that the majority of Creative Cloud subscriptions are used with Mac systems.  Of the nine million Creative Cloud subscriptions at the time of ProDesignTools article, more than half of them were for the $10/month Photography plan, so not serious graphic professionals.  So it is not a stretch to correlate those users to average user market share.  This graphic came from THIS ARTICLE and it shows just 2.9% using OSX at that time.

The ever useful Wikipedia also breaks it down by year from 2002 to the present, and while that shows growth for Mac users, Windows still strongly dominate.

(click to expand)

Usage share of operating systems - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I need specific source tho... I know that Windows dominate the entire OS but people kept saying that there are more MacOS users than Window users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kim7913  wrote

Well, I need specific source tho...

You'll have to become an Adobe executive to get more info.

What's been posted here is info which has been made public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be "about 50/50" back in the suite days, according to Adobe.

Haven't seen anything recently, but with Apple apparently giving up the pro market it may have shifted towards Windows since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this is commercially sensitive information for Adobe and would not be available to the public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kim7913  wrote

Does anyone know which OS has more subscribers between Windows 10 and MacOS in 2015~2017? I heard that more than half of MacOS users subscribed Adobe CC but couldn't find the source for that informations.

The last time I heard that "more than half" of Photoshop users were Mac users was 15-20 years ago. The most recent figure I saw was in a 2009 blog post by the Photoshop product manager at the time, John Nack. In the comments of the linked post he answered a user by saying:

Last time I checked, Creative Suite sales were roughly 50/50 Mac/Win.

I haven't seen a more recent figure than that, but it's probably a safe guess that the tilt toward Windows has increased since 2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I think so too. And since people can install different OS on their machine (whatever the system), the statistic could be so-so. My 2¢

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines