Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe creative cloud not finding updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem at the moment, for some reason, Adobe Creative Cloud isn't alerting me with any new updates. At the moment my creative cloud reads that I have updated all my app's and that they are all up to date, yet I know today Photoshop 14.1 with Generator was released, yet I can't seem to download it.

On my Desktop however, I was prompted to download a lot of updates, downloaded them all, but to my surprise, photoshop wasn't an app included with an update, or at least it's still 14.0.

Is there any way I can fix this? I've been searching and searching and unable to find an answer.

Thank's for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Please Update CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact persons individually to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Ashutosh for your kindness answering with the solution, it did work (now I have a lot to download!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have the same problem , can you send me the files names to delete ?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I'm experiencing the same issue in our graphics bay. Enterprise installations of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign all refuse to show updates. I'd like to try your tip before wiping hard drives and starting over.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Velgor,

Please check your private messages, I have provided the details of files to be removed which suppress updates.

Do ask your admin to either not suppress updates or run update package so that you have the latest Ps on your system.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thanks for the assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you provide the details of files to be removed which suppress updates. I cannot update my Photoshop CS 5.1 (12.1), the button update is grayed out.

I have tested on a domain pc and on a local- non domain PC, with the same issue.

Thank you.

Bojan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I am having the photoshop CCE version and looks like the updates are blocked for me. Can you help me to fix this?

Thank you Raghu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I'm having a similar issue. In an enterprise environment, and updates are enabled, but I'm not seeing anything new show up. I've downloaded the latest CC app, but still no updates. Also, the updates menu is greyed out in each app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashutosh.Nigam I'm having the same issue as the others here with the updates being greyed out and our admin has not supressed updates. Can you please send me the list of files to delete so I can try that approach? Thanks in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through a chat/installation session with Adobe my Photoshop is still at 14.0.0.  I need 14.2 to better work with 3D layers. Can you tell me which file to delete (if that's the problem?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an enterprise customer, Please check with your Admin if he has  disabled/suppressed updates from Adobe and hosting in on a local server

Please refer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure your updates are not disabled by admin, If so remove the files which suppress updates as mentioned in the link.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lulusiit wrote:

I just went through a chat/installation session with Adobe my Photoshop is still at 14.0.0.  I need 14.2 to better work with 3D layers.

Hi Lulu, if the problem is that your updates were not disabled but you still cannot successfully upgrade your tools using the CC Desktop App, then with the new CC 2014 release we have added new pages where you can always download and apply the latest versions manually instead:

All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: Direct Download Links for Windows

All Adobe CC 2014 Updates: Direct Download Links for Mac

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh,

I am an enterprise client that seems to be having very similar issues to other people on this thread. I've updated to CCP 1.4 and I was hoping to build a new package using for my systems, running on Windows 7 Pro, but I have not seen any of the new updates show up. What would be th way to have CCP see the new updates?

If you could send me the procedure in a private message, that would be great.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is stuck and needs the direct links to the PS updates, they are posted here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1297439

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help having the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file was this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bah, I'm re-installing CC as we speak, but I don't see any updates for any of the apps I have installed (PS CC/PS CS6/Id/Ai/Dw).

I've tried removing/reinstalling both application manager and the CC app a couple of times. Help>Update doesn't do it either. Just says there are no updates. Meanwhile I'm stuck on 14.0.

I'll let you know how I go after reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

Kiorrik,

Please confirm if you are in Enterpirse envirionment or not?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by enterprise environment you mean in a company; yes. I'm a system admin for my system though.

Maybe it had something to do with me logging into Adobe.com with my personal account (on which I have a subscription to CC as well).

Regardless, I deleted & reinstalled Photoshop CC and that fixed all issues with updating.

Ps.: worth to note that:

- an update had failed for me before all this started

- "seemingly" the update worked after some messing around with files

- I ended up with Photoshop CC 14.0, that couldn't open (normal, non layered / non-fireworks) PNG files.

Very strange, but again, reinstalling fixed the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not opening PNG means that you're missing the required plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something that might happen after a failed update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh,

I've tried all of the following solutions and I am still stuck on version 14.0.

1. Tried restarting photoshop

2. Tried restarting Creative Cloud

3. Checked for updates under "Help/Updates"

4. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop

5. Uninstalled Photoshop CC completely

6. Reinstalled Photoshop CC

7. Still was on 14.0 and Creative Cloud Desktop still said no updates were available

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve the problem for me. My CC apps all still think the 2015 versions are the most recent - a problem that is not super understandable in 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dylanh56736718 wrote:

This did not solve the problem for me. My CC apps all still think the 2015 versions are the most recent - a problem that is not super understandable in 2016.

Actually, the versions labeled "CC 2015" are (still) the most recent...

These applications were initially released in June of last year, but updated many times since – up to the current day.

Note that in previous years, the next/new CC year/version has come out in June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Creative Cloud for teams and I am having the same problem.

• Help  >  Updates ... Is greyed out in all applications
  • Creative Cloud application lists the applications as 'Up To Date'
  • Yet Photoshop is listed as 14.0 under:  Photoshop  >  About Photoshop

I have tried:

• Signing in and signing out
  • Quitting and restarting the Creative Cloud app
  • Downloading and installing the Creative Cloud app
  • Previous updates were working, so my company is not blocking them

I did an on-screen help session with Adobe

The support technician said:

• help > Updates was greyed out because it was up-to-date
  • Even though Photoshop displays 14.0 ... It should be 14.1.2 ... it is just not displaying it.

I am now not sure about the above statement?

Everyone in the team has the same issue ...

Except for the Administrator, the Administrators application displays:

• help > Updates in black
  • Photoshop 14.1.2

Any help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines