Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe creative cloud not finding updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem at the moment, for some reason, Adobe Creative Cloud isn't alerting me with any new updates. At the moment my creative cloud reads that I have updated all my app's and that they are all up to date, yet I know today Photoshop 14.1 with Generator was released, yet I can't seem to download it.

On my Desktop however, I was prompted to download a lot of updates, downloaded them all, but to my surprise, photoshop wasn't an app included with an update, or at least it's still 14.0.

Is there any way I can fix this? I've been searching and searching and unable to find an answer.

Thank's for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Please Update CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact persons individually to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Astro,

In response to your PM – yes, there are the direct download links for the Adobe Photoshop CC 14.1.2/Generator update and here they are:

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-direct-download-links.html/comment- page-3#comment-45452

They do require an earlier version of Photoshop CC already being installed on your computer for the patch to apply properly.

(And be sure to follow the important download instructions at the top of the main page there in order for the direct links to work.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Astro-Boy,

Please check your private messages, I have provided the details of files to be removed which suppress updates.

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact you for connect session.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you Ashutosh

Removing the file worked.

Problem solved

Kind regerads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC installed on a small computer lab of 20 computers. This is a device licensed set up.

Currently, CC will not update any of the products.

I've have tried, restarting the CC app.

The help file shows as grayed out, not an option.

Do these files exist for device licensed installs? the ones that I can remove to enable updates properly? If so, could some one send me a link or give me some info on how to remove those to get things updating.

Thanks for any and all help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure your updates are not disabled by admin, If so remove the files which suppress updates as mentioned in the link.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked fine for me. I have the AAME installed to make packages for clients, maybe that is why I had it to begin with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was the Photoshop CC Enterprise edition and all the updates were disabled by my Admin by default. However, after getting the approval from my manager i have requested Adobe to help me out to fix this. There is one file/folder that needs to be deleted or atleast should not have anything in it to get the updates enabled. I can't name that file here i guess. But after disabling it / deleting it / renaming it to another name and restarting the photoshop, bang the updates are enabled and they are back.

Well, thanks to the Adobe Staff Member Ashutosh for helping me out on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone please post the list of files to be deleted? I have this same problem of Updates being greyed out in the Help menu. The Creative Cloud app is ignoring updates. I am the CC admin of my company and cannot install recent updates on some of our Macs.

Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found it. It's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with my brand new iMac. Yosemite OS X and fresh install on LR5 and PS CC NOT in an enterprise environment.

I went to system preferences > security & preferences  > accessibility.  I then added the Creative Cloud application to the apps allowed to control my computer. I quit Creative Clout app then restarted it. The Install button then appeared (don't get a shock when LR disappears from your list of already installed programs) next to Lightroom. I then began the update.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh

I have the same issue – stuck at PS CC 14.0. Could you please pm me the details of the files to be removed which suppress the update?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have a problem with suppressed Adobe CC updates (work in an enterprise environment), could anyone please send me the details of the files that needs to be removed?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Øyvind Hermans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are an enterprise customer, Please check with your Admin if he has  disabled/suppressed updates from Adobe and hosting in on a local server

Please refer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure your updates are not disabled by admin, If so remove the files which suppress updates as mentioned in the link.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Ashutosh. We have resolved the problem thanks to the effort of our IT team. Your input helped, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added my account to my home computer so I could do some work there and noticed the splash screens were different. Otherwise I'd have never know there were updates.

How do I get CC app to recognize the updates?

I've installed the newer version of the CC app, quit/relaunched. Tried signed out of my account and back in... nothing sees the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution didn't work for me - I tried installing the linked update to the CC app from here and from Adobe's site, but no matter if I reinstall it or the apps themselves, Adobe thinks 8.0 is the newest version of Premiere CC 2014, and the equivalent versions for the other apps. I finally tracked down a direct link to 8.2, but why bother even have an updater?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you, please, send me the list of files that should be deleted, because I have tried every other possible fix and still can not update any of my Creative Cloud apps? They are all stuck at the original 2015 version and the Cloud app just register everything as up to date.

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I uninstalled / reinstalled Photoshop to get the update.  Bit of a pain, but it did the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I had to do a support chat with Adobe to get my Creative Cloud program to even show the "Apps" tab. But now when I try checking for updates, my Photoshop and Lightroom say they are up to date, but I KNOW for a fact that my Lightroom is 2 versions behind. I found the file that Ashutosh was talking about, and renamed it, restarted the CC Program, and it still isn't working.

Ashutosh: One question if I may... what good does it do to all of us that find this discussion thread to have you send PM's to the people that have issues????? I think WE ALL want to know what to delete or what to look for, so PLEASE post the answers for everyone to read....

In saying that... what is causing this?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem as most folks here where it says that all apps are up to date where in fact they are not. Could I get that info which files I have to remove that are supressing updates so I can try that too? I went through various sort of stuff to handle this but without success.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am unable to get updates for the 26 copies of Adobe CC Mac we're licensed for. I have tried through update desktop app; failed. Then downloaded the package from the license site and installed it in one machine over ARD; failed. I've got a few hours going in circles with uninstalling and reinstalling, both before and after upgrade to OS X 10.11.2.

(The download was successfully installed, except for two copies of AI, neither of which worked, I reinstalled it by simply copying in the AI folder from another machine and it seems to work fine, but not current version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I am having the same problem. I have updated CC App from the link you provided, but I am still not receiving the updated version of photoshop. It says Photoshop has updated, but it is still the old version.

I have also un-installed and reinstalled Photoshop, but that didn't work either.

Any help resolving this would be much appreciated!

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you guys try the update direct links that were posted above, and did they not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but the download links return 404. Also having the same issue. Updates in-app are greyed out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which link returned 404? All of them work fine here.

Did you try with another browser or computer?

Also make sure you follow these recommendations from Adobe when downloading their software:

For a successful download, try the following before you start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines