Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe creative cloud not finding updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I've got a problem at the moment, for some reason, Adobe Creative Cloud isn't alerting me with any new updates. At the moment my creative cloud reads that I have updated all my app's and that they are all up to date, yet I know today Photoshop 14.1 with Generator was released, yet I can't seem to download it.

On my Desktop however, I was prompted to download a lot of updates, downloaded them all, but to my surprise, photoshop wasn't an app included with an update, or at least it's still 14.0.

Is there any way I can fix this? I've been searching and searching and unable to find an answer.

Thank's for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Please Update CC App from following link:

http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact persons individually to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Make sure your updates are not disabled by admin, If so remove the files which suppress updates as mentioned in the link.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post has been ongoing for some time now--presumably people are having the same problem from time to time.  I've just encountered it today...

Updated work Mac to all new CC 2015 apps today; came home to do the same on my iMac, but not all updates are available.  Illustrator showed an update, which has been installed--but all other apps are showing as up to date, when they are not.  I'd really rather avoid uninstalling / reinstalling all applications.  Any solutions much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BNARobinson wrote:

... but not all updates are available.  Illustrator showed an update, which has been installed--but all other apps are showing as up to date, when they are not.  I'd really rather avoid uninstalling / reinstalling all applications.  Any solutions much appreciated.

Hi BNA,

If/when necessary, you can always get the updates by downloading and applying the app patches yourself:

All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: Direct Download Links for Mac

All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: Direct Download Links for Windows

That way you can manually update the tools. Also useful for backup, or if you have any machines offline or with slower Internet connections.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try the direct download link when I get home tonight.  Thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I just logged out of the CC desktop app, logged back in again and I could see the option to download the latest updates for all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did try logging out / back in; rebooting machine; stopping all CC processes, etc.  No joy.  Will try the direct download method, as suggested by ProDesignTools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same problem, and I've finally got the 14.1 Update downloading.

I had to try about everything before the update appeared as available.

1. Tried restarting photoshop

2. Tried restarting Creative Cloud

3. Checked for updates under "Help/Updates"

4. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Creative Cloud Desktop

5. Uninstalled Photoshop CC completely

6. Reinstalled Photoshop CC

7. Still was on 14.0 and Creative Cloud Desktop still said no updates were available

8. In Photoshop went to Help/Updates in the menu and the 14.1 update FINALLY appeared.

I'm guessing that it was becuase I completely unistalled Photoshop. Total pain, but I'm glad I finally have the update downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully there's a way of doing this without a complete reinstall. I would hate to have this happen to my team members having the same problem, it would just take too long to fix/reinstate all photoshop presets, brushes, plugins, etc.

Not to mention any other programs I'd have to unsinstall because they arent getting updates either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Do want to reinstall PS.

Any hint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once done check for updates, If this still does not solve the problem, I will contact persons individually to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh.Nigam wrote:

Regards,

Ashutosh

That's actually a very useful, and none too easy to find link Ashutosh, and I'd thoroughly reccommend anyone with a CC subscription to bookmark it.

My CC desktop app stopped working just about the same time that 14.1 was released, and nothing short of an unistall and reinstall got it going again.  Thankfully it saw all my installed CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked!

Tks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried using this method.

1. Mounted

2. Installer did it's magic

3. No change in result.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me on both my laptop and iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out, there was a file blocking updates, while my self and the administrator of the enterprise account thought there wasn't. Thanks for your help. Issue was resolved by getting rid of the file blocking the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ HYPD03,

Glad it did, Grayed out Updates usually mean that they are disabled.

In future your Admin needs to make sure that either he rolls out the update package or they are not suppressed.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2013 Sep 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just got home and tried the same on my laptop. Problem is, there were lots of updates but not for Photoshop. Updates isn't greyed out anymore, but it cant seem to find anything past 14.0.

Update - I've tried:

• Deleting the file that supresses updates

• Uninstalling CC Client

• Reinstalling CC Client

• Restarting Photoshop

• Trying Help > Updates (this reveals no new updates - states I am up to date)

Photoshop is still on 14.0

Update 2 - With wonderful help from @Ashutosh.Nigam I've been able to resolve this.

Another file that the old I.T. guy must have somehow installed on my personal machine without permission.

Thanks Again. I really appreciate all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm buggling with the same problems. Nothing seems to help What ever i do PS i stuck at 14.0.

Any help would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davorin Pirs

@ Davorin Pirs,

Could you please confrim if you checked Help >Update in Photoshop.  What errro or message you get on doing a help update.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

No error message.

Just "Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: less than a minute ago."

UPDATE:

I just went into Preferences of Adobe Appllication Manager and only the Bridge was selected for reporting updates... selected all the rest and the updates are showing up in Application Manager.

Creative Cloud app in the menu still doesn't see the updates...

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Davorin,

Relaunch the Creative Cloud now and you will get the updates in Creative Cloud.  Preferences are still managed through Adobe Application Manager.

Thanks,

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on my Macbook Pro 15 inches with Retina display ruunignOSX 19.8.5. Evrything is up to date in Photoshop Help-Update, and Adobe CC Desktop also no show up any update for Photoshop CC.

Have even tried uninstall, reinstall Adobe CC Desktop, Photoshop. But that doesn't help. I am still on 14.0

Have tried to download the 14.1.1 patch file following link in this form, but the installation fail, stated that my Photoshop is not valid for update

Help please. Other CC update go smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sanchaithw,

As Vikas mentioned "if you are in an enterprise environment and could you please check with your Admin if he has  disabled/suppressed updates from Adobe and hosting in on a local server"

Please let us know if this works, if not please check your private messages so that we can setup a connect session to resolve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop CC. ANd the rpolem still persist. Photoshop CC and Adobe CC Desktop won't find 14.1.1. All are up to date is still here. Can you re-release a manual patch that work please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And as I have gone through a session with Ashutosh, nothing seems to help me update to PS 14.1.1. I'm not in an enterprise environment as informed to Ashutosh duriing the session

Help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sanchaithw

Please provide us with log files, Have sent you a mail regarding this.

After analyzing those we would again have a connect session to resolve this issue.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines