• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 compatibility with Windows 8.2 and or Windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I would like to know if Adobe CS6 can run under Windows 8.2? Or even an Windows 10?

Asking becuase I am an Architectural designer, and I want to order a machine that requires Windows 8.2 or newer for its 3D modelling software.  

I also need to download an engineering software that requires Windows 10. I am afraid that Adobe CS6 will not be compatable with it though. 

Thanks in advance.

Subrato

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is discontinued and unsupported software from 8-9 years ago.  Because of it's age, it works on Win 8 & 8.1 and also Win10.

However, Microsoft ended Win8 and 8.1 mainstream support in January, 2018.  AFAIK, you can't buy a new computer with it installed anymore.  For security reasons, you really need Win10, not Win8. 

If you decide to get a Creative Cloud Plan, Win8 is no longer supported. See system requirements below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy thank you!

So I will have to upgrade my laptop to a Windows 10. 
My Architecture, New digital fabrication, and engineering programs need to have a Windows 10 os.
I was just worried that my entire Adobe CS6 suite will not work in Wondows 10.
So my Adobe CS6 should still be compatable and work with Windows 10 os yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run CS6 under Windows 10 without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Semaphoric. You don't know how agonized I was these last 2 months to get Windows 10. 
Knowing I have to upgrade but not at the cost of sacrificing an important software that serves as my utility for creating documents for presentations and portfolios all the time.

This is great news and thanks once again. This forum to help the Adobe community is great.
Have a great week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines