• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CSXS infrastructure CS6 3.0.1 Update

Community Expert ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this CS6 Update do of fix and why is a system restart needed?

CSSX.jpg

JJMack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

http://blogs.adobe.com/cssdk/2012/05/about-the-csxs-infrastructure-updates-for-cs6.html

About

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EJ Printer ranted:

If you don't know who the hell you're dealing with...

So let me be blunt, WTFRU?  There is no place for that kind of BS in a repsonsible support forum.

Look, I don't need (nor care) to know who you are because what I said is based on experience and common sense: 

Don't expect beta software to be polished and idiot proof, and make sure you're prepared to deal with issues running beta software could cause.

You know who I am, because unlike you my name is signed on every post I write.  I write carefully and stand behind what I say.  Now ask yourself the same profane question.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that if you crave recognition, you might want to make yourself recognizable.

I have no interest in a "who's the bigger geek" contest, and you've already lost much of my respect.  Please take the attitude and profanity elsewhere.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managing how software updates are going to work across multiple versions is more difficult than you might think.  Add in a public beta and things get even more complicated.

I assume people are still using the public beta until such time as it expires, so as to delay the start of a 30 day trial of the released version.

For those who are:  It's a beta - you're on your own now, since the product has been released.  Isn't it kind of silly to report problems with it?  Non-applicable update or not, you're getting more value than you paid for.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blogs.adobe.com/cssdk/2012/05/about-the-csxs-infrastructure-updates-for-cs6.html

About the CSXS Infrastructure 3.0.1 Updates

Recently we posted updates for various CS6 applications called CSXS Infrastructure updates via the Adobe Application Manager. Unfortunately, there was no text describing what the update was for or indeed what CSXS was. Whilst we work to add in the descriptive text to the update, I wanted to provide some brief information for those that were curious as to what the update was about.

CSXS is the platform that delivers extensibility within Creative Suite products. This update to the CSXS Infrastructure, resolves an issue where certain characters contained in a users Adobe ID caused a login failure.

It’s only a very small update but an important one, so please apply the update if you are a CS6 user, now that you know what it’s for.

Jonathan Ferman | Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,  I've been trying for over a week and many hours on the phone talking with Adobe customer service regarding the Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6 upgrade for CS6 running on Mac, would you happen to know where the download link is for the Mac version?

Regards, Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Ken, someone posted a link on the comments of the linked blog post, and I replaced win by mac and zip by dmg, and was able to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that worked!

Just saved me more hours on the phone with Adobe.

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, why are you all so mistrustful of Adobe? It's not as if they are installing spyware on your computer. You should always keep any software you use up to date, especially Acrobat/Reader because by not updating you expose yourself to vulnerabilities for malware, which you really do need to be worried about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many bugs in CS6 I would like to know when CS6 updates are install which of the reported bug are being fixed. So far it look like CS6 CSXS Update 3.0.2 just removes the CS6 CSXS 3.0.1 update and installs CS6 CSXS 3.0.2 and fixes none of the reported bugs in CS6.

[   12176] Mon Jul 02 13:43:28 2012  INFO

Successfully installed 1 component:

- Adobe CSXS Infrastructure CS6_3.0.2_AdobeCSXSInfrastructure3-mul

Total components repaired: 0

Successfully removed 1 component:

- Adobe CSXS Infrastructure CS6_3.0.1_AdobeCSXSInfrastructure3-mul

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Restarting your computer is recommended:

In order to complete the installation, please restart the computer

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack wrote:

CSXS 3.0.2 ... fixes none of the reported bugs in CS6.

With all due respect, you can't know that.  It fixes none of those you reported, perhaps.

In the particular case of 3.0.1 (the original subject of THIS thread) Adobe finally did document that the fix was to make it possible for people with certain special characters in their Adobe ID to actually use the CS6 software.  I'm a bit miffed they didn't bother to document why 3.0.2 was released, though.  Edit:  I see SG has clarified that in the other thread.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the release description for CSXS 3.0.2. If this did not appear along with the update please let me know.

Thanks

Jonathan

"

CSXS is the platform that delivers extensibility within Creative Suite products. This update, provides the following:

1) Resolves an issue where certain characters contained in a user’s Adobe ID, caused a login failure (Mac & Win).

2) Update to CS6ServiceManager that improves the performance of authenticating against the Adobe Identity Management Service (Mac & Win).”

3) Resolves an issue in CS6ServiceManager with application signature validation, causing any Keychain access to fail the signature validation step. The result of which invalidates the "Always Allow" option so an alert will always be shown on attempting to access the Keychain (Mac).”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you.  

Jonathan Ferman wrote:

If this did not appear along with the update please let me know.

The dialog did not put up any substantive info.  This is all I saw.  Should I have pressed the [About] button?  I neglected to do so.

CSXSInfrastructureUpdate.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed a fresh copy of Ps CS6 on a VM to test, and answered my own question. 

The [About] button just gives information about the Application Manager itself.

0.png

These are the descriptions of all the current updates:

1.png

2.png

3.png

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines