• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash was uninstalled and my photoshop isn't working now!

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I made a big mistake! I allowed Adobe to uninstall Adobe Flash Player, and now my photoshop files won't open! I don't understand what Adobe Flash Player does, and I wouldn't have allowed the uninstall had I know this would happen. What options do I have to open my files? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

What version of Photoshop?

Can you right click a file and choose Open with Photoshop?

What type(s) of files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to know which version of Photoshop you are using. Uninstalling Flash Player should not affect the latest versions of all major Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and so on) because over the years all of their dependencies on Flash have been removed. Flash is not on my Mac, but the current version of Photoshop runs fine.

However, if you are using a very old version of Photoshop, it might still expect Flash to be around for some things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of Photoshop 21.2.4. It seems to be working now! Just a coincidence I suppose that it stopped right after the uninstall. Thank you so much for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help guys. It's working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines