• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE is NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE! I will not recommend any longer. Others care about their base.

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the cloud has come about there has been more issues with everything... from tools not working properly to programs asking to connect to server and closing me out of the program for sometimes weeks. These are issues many people are having. Never had these types of issues with the paid stand-alone version. ADOBE you are going in the wrong direction and you seem not to care now that you have everyone on cloud services and soaking us for a products that is always in beta mode. I would like to go back to paying for the stand-alone version, it seemed back then you put more effort into making sure the programs functioned properly, but in todays day and age with the new young people not knowing any better you are snow balling everyone and waiting for us old timers to pass on so you can screw the next generation over even harder. I know you will never go back to the more logical standalone versions because it made to much since for the people in the world. I heard it all from you less than etiquette tech support that just gives general scripted read from screen plugs, instead of hiring well educated IT people that really knew how to help solve the issues. I'm very disappointed in the direction and how ADOBE has been handling their old loyal customers. I am slowly switching to other more viable solutions that do not try to suck money out of it's users...... I used to praise ADOBE and got a lot of people to buy into ADOBE but those days are coming to an end and I no longer recommend ADOBE but other sources due to others value their customers and offer standalone programs that are not constantly seeming to be in BETA and then have the paying customer deal with the issues or go without. I have a job to do and many people rely on my work and to always have issues is not cost effective and a waste of time for me and my clients. I am done making excuses for ADOBE..... ADOBE needs to go back to customer first and taking care of the customer since if it was not for us you would never of made as far as you did.... but as the story goes, you get big and screw everyone because who will stop you. Well, my money along with many of the other accounts that has got my recommendations are closing there accounts. Over the past couple years ADOBE you have lost many valuable customers and it you stay on the course your on you will lose many more, because I will not recommend ADOBE no longer and I will and have been moving people away from the cloud based platforms. You thought cloud based was good but people like me have been telling you it's bad but due to greed you did not listen and you will find it will hurt your bottom line. So said, ADOBE used to be amazing with amazing support but that is ancient history.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

This is a user-to-user support forum, if you have an issue we can help with indicate your version, OS and the problem.

If you want to give feedback to Adobe use this link: https://www.photoshop.com/en/products/resources

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user support forum, if you have an issue we can help with indicate your version, OS and the problem.

If you want to give feedback to Adobe use this link: https://www.photoshop.com/en/products/resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Derick,

As I do appreciate your reply, as it is probably your job to clean up messes. This is how big corporations try to shut it down. There is an underlying issue and many of us have voiced our concerns and they went to def ears and/or thrown to the wayside. Many of us have spoken in other forums and blogs over the years and ADOBE seems not to care and just keeps chasing the money. I miss the days when it was more about the creator and less about how ADOBE can soak more from the user. I have given much feed back over the years with ADOBE not having any concerns about the users that got then to where they are today. My problem just like many others is the lack of care towards the consumer and the unreliable programs ADOBE is now creating due to the cloud and puts it on the user to let them know of issues instead of testing and putting out a solid product. Now users are the testers and we have to deal with the programs either not working or connecting to server and shutting down the program or f tools not working properly or other glitches that may happen like freezing or work disappears while working on a project. Go back to making a product, testing it thoroughly and test it some more by geeks in the industry and then release a standalone product...... but I guess it's easier for ADOBE to push the issues onto the working user and force us to find solutions or other programs to get our projects done. Never had these types of issues back when ADOBE did the work and sold a solid platform to work on. Today’s creators will never know because they have been stuck in a perpetual BETA copy that evolves which causes issues for many of us just trying to do the work we have done for over 25years.

Since cloud came out it is general robot talking points and deflection. Give us the option to buy standalone or if people want cloud with constant updates that mess with work then thats on them but to blanket it and force everyone to take the pill is not good for ADOBE in the long run. I went away and tried to do work for the couple months I was gone, with no internet the program did not allow me to use it and get some quiet of the grid work done. I am just foerwarning like I have done before..... people are getting smarter regarding this type of cloud based platforms and many are moving away from them for many reasons. Security holes, lack of reliability when not around internet, BETA mentality for active platform. This is a user to user issue that needs to get rectified if ADOBE really cares about the creator....... but ADOBE does not want the many of us to buy the standalone program, put it on a computer and use it for 5 to 10 years without being stuck to a yearly subscription, which costs a lot more in the long run. Hence the reason many of us are moving to standalone platforms that are becoming more reliable and not soaking us every year for more money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»As I do appreciate your reply, as it is probably your job to clean up messes.«

I don’t know what @Derek Cross â€™ actual job is but him trying to provide advice on this Forum is not his job as he is obviously not an Adobe employee. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGAIN: This is a user to user support forum. Ranting will only waste users times trying to assist other users. 

If you have a question for other users and need support from those users; ASK. 

You're in the wrong forum! 

To provide feedback and suggestions about what you desire from Adobe, you should go to this URL and comment after selecting the appropriate product line:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/categories/products/5f5f2090785c1f1e6cc40864

NO, zero guarantee posting in that forum will get you anywhere but posting here will get you nowhere. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The world changed and such approach to user finds acceptacne, though like you noticed those who lived just ten, twenty, thirty years ago could have not imagine the limit of patience will be crossed, far beound seen horizont. When doing something little by little and currently seeing alike politics in other life aspects, people get used to it so much to one day realise it's too late to fight it. The 'cancer' is too huge. Either you risk to remove it completely and meet the sad consequences or try to live on its conditions, eventaually not feeling that's okey, but beeing aware the abnormality becomes normal. You know - there are still the forests around, but civilisation influence is so powerful in our's mind we don't even consider to step by from welltrodden path. We can not disccuss with hungry predators, while we are their feed 😄

Loll update: I made some reasearch and found now there's even such phenomena I had no idea of: "Creeping normalcy is a process by which a major change can be accepted as normal and acceptable if it happens slowly through small, often unnoticeable, increments of change. The change could otherwise be regarded as remarkable and objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines