Highlighted

Adobe Photoshop 2020 Not showing images.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just updated Photoshop 2020 and every time I open a file is all white. I can see my layers on the layers tab but can't display my layers on the workspace.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Photoshop 2020 Not showing images.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just updated Photoshop 2020 and every time I open a file is all white. I can see my layers on the layers tab but can't display my layers on the workspace.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 5
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Fingers crossed this can be fixed asap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I'm having the same problem NOW only my images all show up BLACK. I'm a professional photographer and I'm dead in the water now. I can't believe this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with you. Have you resolved it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not expereince it at all. 

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Photoshop--> preferences--> performance-->check the legacy compositing then exit photoshop and then relaunch photoshop.

That's what the help chat told me to do and it worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 26
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's work. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue just now -- all black... so crazy!! THANK YOU!!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but this solution dont work for me, any other solution? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had a black screen and this did the trick. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thought I was going mad! 😁

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you for saving the work day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see legacy compositing in performance under preferences, any ideas? I just updated to 2020 and images are white. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed mine through another solution. Try going Photoshop>Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings> Uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Click OK and close the window, if this doesn't immediately work try and restart Photoshop too. I went straight back in and re-checked Use Graphics Processor and it worked fine (Photoshop uses GPU for RAW, perspective warp, 3D and blur effects amongst other things, so you generally want it in use). It must just be a glitch in the update that temporarily incapacitates it. Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked, was experiencing the full black screen as well when opening files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on! Thanks for sharing the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'd like to know the version of Photoshop, as seen in help>system info each of you are running.

This might be a bug an update fixed.

If you are running 21.1.1 and experience it and check legacy compositing without letting Adobe know of the issue at https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible; they won't be able to fix the problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 21.1.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Version: 21.1.1 Mac OS 10.15.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, but it was just that the image became a grey box if I switched away to another app from Photoshop and then came back.

I could fix it by zooming in or out on the image or switching to another image I had open and back to the original image.

I'm using 21.1.3 on Mac OS 10.15.5.

Initially, I thought it was a problem with the update to Photoshop in line with my OS, as I'd not updated that in a while, but I updated it the other day and it was still happening.

When I went into Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings as others have suggested above, Use Graphics Processor wasn't checked. I checked it, selected Drawing Mode > Advanced from the Advanced Settings (not sure now what it was set to by default) and it had detected my Graphics Processor when I closed that dialogue box.

It didn't fix the problem straight away but appears to have fixed it after I closed Photoshop and reopened it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 1
Iris5E7C LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You! The fix worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo! Thank you for the solution! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, that solved it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, just bought photoshop and the problem showed up I thought I wasn't going to use it tonight

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Saved me too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works!!! thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you guys still using an older version, or did you update to 21.2.1?

If you still have the issue on the latest version, please search or create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU 

ITS WORK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 1