• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop 2020 Rectangle Marquee Tool

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was following a tutorial on how to make twitch overlays and everything was going well, including the rectangle tool, until it wasn't. So previously, with the rectangle tool i'd just select anywhere on my image and it would let me input a size and it would create it's own overlay, now it doesn't. I've googled and followed a lot of youtube videos and nothing has helped. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. For some reason my rectangle tool no longer wants to make it's own overlay and doesn't allow me to input sizes.

Someone help please!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

I've circled the two tools. You are on the Marquee tool (at the top) and the tool you want it the Rectangle tool (near the bottom.

85F54B27-45E2-48C2-B141-93CD5B93AA7A.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

A picture shows more than 1000 words:

rectangle-vs-selection-tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first screenshot shows not the Rectangle Tool. It shows the Marquee Selection Tool. This tool doesn't have a dialog for a size input.

Your second and third screenshot on the other hand show the Rectangle Tool (in Shape mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the first screenshot is me after it's not in shape mode(from what you're saying) and the other 2 images were what it used to do. So i'm confused because i can no longer get it there and i havnt messed with it for it to change from shape mode to otherwise. How do i get it in shape mode? Didn't know that was a thing, please and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've circled the two tools. You are on the Marquee tool (at the top) and the tool you want it the Rectangle tool (near the bottom.

85F54B27-45E2-48C2-B141-93CD5B93AA7A.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im such a dingus! xD Thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome — we are always happy to help. I'm glad it's working for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again. You try to use the "wrong" tool. Take the "other rectangle" from your tool bar.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A picture shows more than 1000 words:

rectangle-vs-selection-tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! xD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines