Highlighted

Adobe Photoshop 2021 shutting down my PC

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue for about two weeks now, though I've had a similar problem that has been occurring less frequently for about a month longer. Photoshop 2021 is sometimes crashing my computer when I use the Object Selection Tool and Select Subject, and as of recently is crashing sometimes when I load a PSD file. 
I've looked into similar issues as best I can; I updated graphics drivers, reinstalled Photoshop, ran it without using my graphics processor and even tried disabling hardware acceleration and it continues to crash. I haven't gotten any error codes or anything from these crashes since it fully shuts down my PC, but I did finally get a message that my display drivers aren't working with Photoshop, and it no longer detects my graphics card. This the only notification I've gotten so far:
 photoshopdisplaydriver.png

PC Specs: 
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32GB
Graphics Card: RTX 2070 Super
Graphics Driver Version: Version 457.09 released on 10/29/2020 (still had problems with previons generation)
Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 2021 Version 22.0.0.35

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Photoshop 2021 shutting down my PC

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue for about two weeks now, though I've had a similar problem that has been occurring less frequently for about a month longer. Photoshop 2021 is sometimes crashing my computer when I use the Object Selection Tool and Select Subject, and as of recently is crashing sometimes when I load a PSD file. 
I've looked into similar issues as best I can; I updated graphics drivers, reinstalled Photoshop, ran it without using my graphics processor and even tried disabling hardware acceleration and it continues to crash. I haven't gotten any error codes or anything from these crashes since it fully shuts down my PC, but I did finally get a message that my display drivers aren't working with Photoshop, and it no longer detects my graphics card. This the only notification I've gotten so far:
 photoshopdisplaydriver.png

PC Specs: 
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32GB
Graphics Card: RTX 2070 Super
Graphics Driver Version: Version 457.09 released on 10/29/2020 (still had problems with previons generation)
Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 2021 Version 22.0.0.35

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0

Have something to add?