• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop CS7 really exist ? or it is a fake ?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently when i search in the web information about CS6 I saw new Adobe Photoshop CS7. Page was not well positioned and do not know if its authenticity is really good. How is it? Thank's

This information i read in this page : [removed] .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fake.

What would have been Photoshop CS7 (Photoshop 14.x) was renamed Photoshop CC and is only available as a subscription in which you pay a monthly tribute to Adobe for the rest of your life but never get to own the software.

When your payments stop, the software ceases to work.  That simple..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll flag your post so the moderators can delete that nasty malware site you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's going to be no CS7 because Adobe decided to discontinue Creative Suite after CS6.  Creative Suite ranged from CS1 to CS6.  Creative Suite was a 10-year service which was from 2003 to 2013.  Instead of Creative Suite, Adobe will use a service called "Creative Cloud".  Creative Cloud changes 2 pros to 2 cons.  1st con is that Creative Suite is no longer a service that uses a license that lasts forever.  Instead it will be a monthly subscription basis.  It will require a payment of $50 each month which is a lot of money.  Can't you believe it $50 just for 1 month.  2nd con is that Creative Cloud also forces users to upgrade after a specific time interval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there also is a Third Con as well. If you have a Poor Internet connection as about 85% of US does with frequent dropouts and lost signal acquisition, you may end up having expensive doorstops on your computer. You need at least Cable or Satellite Modem to get by PPP and DSL will not cut it.

There will be many places all over the US that subscribers may end up with expensive bricks as related to these subscription. The subscription model won't work for any company until all companies get together and help pay for wiring every city, town, county, road, pig path with fiber optic. Then, and only then, will the subscription model be accessible to everyone. That needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree philip. My wife is from a town that is 1 gas station, a commuinity story (trading post), and a k-8 school with about 600 people. High speed internet is not provided, Im not even sure if DSL is possible there. Middle of no where high desert town. In a few years we are moving there and no way under the sun ill do CC until besides other things the internet can get at least DSL speed. No way i will deal with bloated adobe products that I need to redown load ever month or so and maybe take hours. The cell serivese is worse. You can only get up to 3 bars on service. You can stand in same spot and calls drop so technology is about 15 years behind there. Agreed philip, making cc global was a bad move. Not only places in use with bad internet what about 2nd and 3rd world countries, what if you not 1 of the 28 countires on adobe CC list to allow it? Again what happens to photogrophers, journalists and film makers when they go to south america for a 6 month project. Too bad for them.

That is just 1 reason why forcing CC is a global dumb move. I say give it 10 years and internet infrastructure will be nearly good enough globaly. A thing to consider is my wife is navajo. They lived in their traditional lifestyle until 1950's, horse, buggy, religion, cloths and pretty much everything. Her uncels tell me of how the first time they saw a car was when teenagers. Yes the world is changing fast but not everywhere is 1st world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>redown load ever month or so

I am not a fan of the Cloud, but what you just posted is not the case

You download and install any particular program ONCE... and then you PAY monthly (or, maybe, an annual payment) and you only have to be connected at intervals to verify you are still there (for details go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud or http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_connection forums)

After your initial download, the only time you download anything again is for program updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Butadobe  "phones home" several attempts and no one answers because of the Poor Internet. Then you end up with expensive paperweight. Thatcan and does happen frequently. I have Comcast Cable. The fastest  consumer Plan alvailble. I pay about $70.00 bucks a Month. Yet in order to keep a decent connection I am constantly having to switch between DNS servers Comacast, Google, and OpenDNs just to maintain a reliable connection. And I am constantly having to unplug the modem  let sit for 5 minutes then plug back in to require the signal. I talked to other people in our community and they have identical complaints.

Until the US get's off it's collective Backside &  Major companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, CISCO, and others get together and wire every pig path, dirt road, Road, Highway, Interstate, with Fiber Optic, across all 50 states and the teritories. Subscription will never work. Companies now think because they ar Based in NY, Chicago, Fort Worth Texas  Major cities in Ca, Washington State, & DC are wired with Fiber Optic and have unbroken connections, that never sag or die; that everyone does. It doesn't work that way. In most Areas signal is constantly dying and stays down more than up.

The other day I downloaded and installed Mavericks (OSX.9.x) on my Mac. Despite using a direct Ethernet connection into my modem. It still Took 2 hrs to download and another to to install. If I had been using fiber Optic I still would have been about an hour installing, but the download would have been about 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any lingering doubts about Internet connection, the official position is this:

"An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

"

So it seems that you can take out an annual plan and have 99 days trouble free without Internet Connection. Also, I understand that if within this 99 day period you happen to have an internet connection then the clock starts again. You get another 99 days after the first connection and this goes on and on.

I am not a fan of Creative cloud and I don't have any plans to have this yet because I am quite happy with CS6 (perpetual license) for now and I guess that should serve my needs for the next 18 months. After that, we might have something else to replace Adobe.

If any of you have any plans about these products then why not contact Microsoft or Corel and tell them how they can improve their products. Before you start about Linux and Macs, please note that both Microsoft and Corel are Windows based products so anything about "nix" or Macs won't help here.

{ Posted using my trusted email service because Jive doesn't work for me }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True you dont need much internet to verify your cc subscription but that is not our concern.

I think what phillip and I mean is different than what you think we mean. We mean that you will need to download updates/upgrades or if you decide to download a program you have not put on your computer yet and dont forget their cloud storage and collaboration. Now im no expert so I will relate it to what i know. I used to be big into online gaming. The particular game im referring to is league of legends. They do updates about 1-4 times a month. Some are very minor and only tweeks and bug fixes that are about 10-50mb as I suspect they have the replace the whole files not just subfiles, no big deal. Probably every 1-4 months they do a big update or upgrade and that could be 50-500mb. Ive literally seen the updates this big and every one trying to download at the same time and even with a decent computer and internet take over 6 hours! With said game and my same lap top (few years old) I would get about 25 frames/sec at library or apartment and at my wife's family with the best internet available there would get only 15 frames/sec which in game terms in unusable. So the internet was about 1/2 the speed of even public library's and my home internet. That is very sad. Last month was the newest release of the iphone operating system. I dont have but about 1/2 the students in my class had it. With everyone trying to download it at once the servers they were getting if from were slowed and what would have taken 30-60minutes was streched out to for some 4+ hours! As it was it was better to wait the next day. I suspect if every adobe customer was on crazy cloud there would again be a rush for everyone in the world to download it and dramatically slow the speed down and all the while you cant used said program being updated.

If every few weeks/months adobe cc has updates and the more programs you have the more chance of an update for what you have and more chance of more updates total. Ok so it could even with decent computer and internet take hours to update/upgrade all your cc software. True you could do it say at night when you go to bed or leave work but lets say you have a tight dead line and cant let it update for the next few hours. Also consider that I honestly dont like the computer downloading for hours at a time when im not around to check on its progress incase the download stops for some reason and has to be restarted or the internet as is possible in my aparments crash for a few minutes every day and also just to be causious. Any professional will tell you that some times you may not sleep for 3 days because of a dead lines and you cant fiddle with updates preventing you from using your tools while its downloading and then maybe having to restart your computer. Also with tools you know well the last thing you want is a sudden unexpected change. Such as in cs 5 or 6 they changed in illustrator how life trace worked and where it was located. I did not NEED it but was just poking around and could not find it. I could not find it for about 1 week when an other student saw my frustration and pointed out where they had moved it to. If I had a dead line then and needed life trace/paint I would have been sunk. So having tools and things suddendly change maybe very few months to new locations or chaning the fundamentals of how they would could be a nightmare. The horror of constantly NEEDING to investigate ever update to see if it will mess up your workflow.

Im warry of new things, especially for technology as it often is first released with many bugs and issues. I would probably refuse the updates until the next set of updates come about to avoid such problems. I generally avoid new technology that is only 1 year old for this. I wait for them to fix the problems then I might be interested. As such this would put me maybe 4-8 months behind the cc upgrades and honestly if I can live 8 months behind I can live 12 months and if 12 why not 18 and it 18 why not 24? At which point it would be better to just have the traditional upgrade cycle. Also the upgrades even from 1 full edition to the next are generally small. So the upgrades for 1/4 and edition ever 6 months would probably be useless. Also dont forget that because they are not putting them on cd they can over rely on the fact that if there issues we can just make a patch instead of really hammering it out for upto 18 months each new thing to get all the bugs out. cc will probably see many ither 1/2 baked updates or see only 1/2 as many new things as traditionaly as cash cow has a subscription income which gives much less incentive to inovate. What is an angry customer going to do, leave cc? Probably not if they have been with it for a few years as aobe now is holding hostage your files.

Adobe cut off the escapte route and combined with a subscripton gives them very little reason to press for good inovation any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First... I do not and will not ever use Cloud programs

Second... if you don't want to use Cloud programs, don't... you may still buy CS6 as standalone programs

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

Third... if you MUST have new program features... use the Cloud or switch to another company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am aware cs 6 is still availble for now. As I think you are saying and more the problem of cs 6 is it is 18 months old which is normally when they would release a new version and they are not going to do much updates to it. They are going to let it rot.

I agree staying current means having a path to keep going on for the furture and cs6 is at best a "good enough for now" alternative. Which is why im really thinking of chaning to a different company as corel, xara or others.

I own no creative software so for me its a blank slate till i graduate in college in a few months. The jury is still out on cs 6 or an other company. The jury is 5 to 4 for leaving adobe currently and as time goes on its slipping more and more away from adobe. I could get cs 6 design suite for 450, corel draw suite for 500 (their student version is non cometial), or xara 200. I would actually pay more to do corel upfront but It has a futue as I could from there on out pay upgrade costs which are only 200 every 2 years.

For me to stay with adobe at all I will need to give me incentive. Lower the cost on cs 6 as they have done with other editions when they are no longer current, produce cs 6.5 that they promised they would when made cs 5.5, make cs 7 which they promised they would when made cs 7, make some perpetual lisence option for cc or change the pricing for cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines