ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LAGGING!!!

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going insane.  I trying to edit a batch of photos and the lag is just horrendous. Seems the brush tool is working ok (for now), but the clone stamp tool is lagging sooooo badly!!!  Why is this happening.  I have checked all the performance recommendations and have plenty space on my C drive.  I have restarted my computer about 5 times in the past few hours and whenever I make a change to the performance settings, but still the problem continues.  

Why does Photoshop have all these bugs?!!!!  It used to work fine before they started updating every couple weeks!!!!  It is so unfortunate that there is not a program that is comparable in what it could do because I would be out in no time at all.  

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does unchecking Smoothing make a difference? 

»and have plenty space on my C drive.«
Is the C drive set as the primary Scratch Disk? Do you lack a dedicated Scratch Disk? 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

»I have checked all the performance recommendations«
That is pretty close to a meaningless statement. 
What are Photoshop’s actual current Performance settings? 
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

»Why does Photoshop have all these bugs?!!!!«
Not everything that annoys you is necessarily a bug, so please try to calm down and provide more meaningful information like the image’s pixel dimensions and bit depth, the Clone Stamp’s size and settings, …
Please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines