• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Scratch Disk are Full

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're probably wondering what kind of problem this is. My main issue is the fact that despite having 7.04 GB (now 6.96 GB), the scratch disk is seemingly stuck at 5.97 GB (with a fluctuation between 5.98, 5.99, and back to 5.97). I have no idea why it seems to be stuck there. Or how it even happened. I'm quite new at using Photoshop, which is why I'm asking this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a moot question. Your disk is full, period. You need to clear out space ASAP.

Raster image editing moves large amounts of data, much more than any RAM you may have installed. So temporary working data are written to disk. This is the scratch disk. It's simply free disk space, and you need a lot of it for Photoshop to operate. Photoshop scratch files will quickly exceed 20-40 GB, and can sometimes grow to 500 GB or more.

Personally, I would never attempt to work with anything less than 500 GB free space for scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines