• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Support for Fuji prime lens profiles?

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question about .raf was answered - thanks for the suggestion to try on different drive type. So I have truncated the question to only the lens profile question.

When will the Fuji XT-3 primes have lens profiles (say 35mm f1.4) ? Is there a way to create one if Adobe never supports?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded a sample Fuji XT-3 raw file (RAF format) and opened it without issue using ACR 11.4.1

2019-10-30_09-53-46.jpg

So I would check three things in your position.

1. Can you open the files when copied across to a local drive (as opposed to an external drive)?

2. Have you enabled any incompatible features in your camera? I have not heard of any incompatibile functions on the XT-3 but I do not use an XT-3 so cannot be specific. As an example, on my Canon 5DMkIV,  dual pixel raw cannot be opened in ACR and needs Canon's own software.

3. Has your installation of camera raw become corrupt?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a very good guess 😉

For some reason Adobe won't open the raw file directly off an internal SSD (Crucial 1TB nvme actually) all the time.

So much for using that drive for editing 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

It could be a permissions issue preventing you from reading that drive https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/required-permissions-for-photoshop0.html

As far lens profiles, I don't work for Adobe so can't comment on any plans.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Create%20your%20own%20lens%20...

You can create your own:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines