• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Preview CC & Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i update photoshop cc 2017 to 2018 this morning..and shock~ i can't preview my photoshop app design on iphone ..and i found the answer..
"Device Preview is no longer available in this release. Additionally, the Preview CC iOS app is no longer available for download or actively maintained as of October 2017. If you have a previously-downloaded version of Preview CC on your iOS device, you can continue to use it on an as-is basis with earlier versions of Photoshop"

so now.. how can i get real-time previews of my Photoshop designs on iOS devices ?

why Adobe takes off this feature??? TT....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically ADOBE decided to remove this feature with no warning so you have to go try ADOBE XD with live preview. Bad news? Only works for Mac.
More bad news? XD is miles away of the precision that PS offers - for me is a great wireframing/ prototype tool but that's all for now.

So yeah, Adobe decided to K*ick us UI designers in the n*ts without any warning.

THANK YOU ADOBE! Please take my money and make me frustrated again!

I might as well change my subcriptions to Invision studio and maybe many others will follow.. BUT AT LEAST WE ARE WARNING YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just sad... I think it was a mistake removing the Preview feature. Why are they forcing us to use XD? I will use it probably in the future when it will get better, but comparing to Photoshop, currently no chance...

Yep, looking forward to InVision Studio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks your suggestion-- InVision Studio..
@Adobe do you see our sadness...><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there fellow designer,

I've been on Invision for the past 5 years and now on the Invision studio beta with DMS. Invision even came to our office and sat down with up for a few our to discuss where they're headed with their suite of products and were taking note on our pain points, to enhance there current and future products.

I'm fine without PS for designing. Just use it for photo editing and I'm out! Soon, the .com industry will be free of Adobe, except the PDF Reader  

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah stop selling invision mate, your spammy comment is already flagged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe - you have made a HUGE error removing this feature! An absolute stinker in-fact! I know tonnes of designers in the creative industry that were using this feature - it was awesome! You surely can't bring a feature into Photoshop, get everyone buzzing about it and using it in their day-to-day workflows and then suddenly remove it 2 years later... surely future updates are meant to improve users workflow, not  disrupt it

Yes, no wonder the industry is moving to Sketch - seems like Adobe have no interest in trying to keep web and app designers using Photoshop

Can I revert back to Photoshop CC 2017? But keep the other apps as CC 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  I found that i can reinstall other version of Photoshop from Creative Cloud panel , and still keep

other installed 2018 Apps..^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for the tip, preview is a must have - definitely going back to CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

knowing that I will lose this function - I would not even be updated! Oh God, what nonsense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just absolute BS! Uninstalling photoshop right now! 
Invision Studio i welcome you with warm arms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install the CC 2018, and then reinstall the CC 2017 immediately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Agencies have their way of doing things, and taking Adobe Preview away from the people who are told to use Photoshop for their web design workflow is not going to help us out. Please reinstate this feature. Adobe Preview is a MUST-HAVE for my workflow, and now it's gone. None of us have time to learn XD on the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to agree with everyone else in this thread. You build tools, we incorporate them into our work flow, then you take them away with no notice. This adds hours of work arounds to what is already a tight design schedule for most people. This is not a good look for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very bad news, what is that attitude!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, why adobe?…

Another reason to switch to sketch guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF!!! I do not want to use XD, but I need this function. Disappointment ... how to upgrade back to 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

In addition, 2 versions of the photoshop will be installed and work correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

О спасибо! Не знал, что там это есть

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe this is very frustrating, please bring the Preview feature back (into the CC 2018 update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be true?

It makes no sense at all!

Adding a great feature an then... Adobe says "Sorry, we've decided that you shouldn't be able to preview your designs in mobile, because sales stuff and KPI's and ROI's and the user really doesn't matters."

What  are we paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Sorry you are upset and I totally understand your frustration. I loved using Preview across all of my devices as well.

However, XD is a great and easy to use program. There isn't a huge learning curve and it is available for Windows based computers. This is a new direction for you but if you try it I am sure you will eventually like it. If not, you also have the option of running 2017 and/or 2018 versions on your computer. I still have 2014, 2017, and 2018 because of certain features.

FYI...There is a note at the top of this page that explains that preview will no longer work. Device Preview in Photoshop.

I hope one of these solutions helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you're trying to help Happie and I appreciate it, but your reply actually reveals the true motive behind the move. Preview was taken away to force users to use XD. This is a short-sighted tactic that does more harm than good.

I already use Adobe XD. I'm fond of it and it does a good job. However, XD is still a young product and has many shortcomings and there are situations where Photoshop is still the right program to use. Now I am forced to copy and paste into XD in order to preview on my device, and if minor tweaks are needed, the process of copying and pasting over and over can be tedious.

This was a bad move on Adobe's part and I'm disappointed. I've never been more open to looking at alternatives than I am today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines