• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Preview CC & Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i update photoshop cc 2017 to 2018 this morning..and shock~ i can't preview my photoshop app design on iphone ..and i found the answer..
"Device Preview is no longer available in this release. Additionally, the Preview CC iOS app is no longer available for download or actively maintained as of October 2017. If you have a previously-downloaded version of Preview CC on your iOS device, you can continue to use it on an as-is basis with earlier versions of Photoshop"

so now.. how can i get real-time previews of my Photoshop designs on iOS devices ?

why Adobe takes off this feature??? TT....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am quite upset by this. This is one of my most used features in PS as I design mobile games and need to test on a mobile screen frequently as part of my workflow. I used 2018 for a day before downgrading to 2017 because using XD in addition just to be able to preview adds a significant and unnecessary delay in my workflow. Anyway, I won't be upgrading to 2018 or any newer version of PS until Adobe reinstates Device Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I'm actually pretty convinced that Adobe Preview was removed from Photoshop as a marketing and/or business move. Adobe has failed to provide probable reasoning for the removal of this feature. They've only mentioned "performance issues," which I've never had.

Is Adobe too lazy or incompetent to fix these issues? Or is some manager/executive trying to prove XD is a hot new product by moving users over by way of crippling Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just also want to drop a note that I am really upset that Adobe removed this function. Why why why????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least now they're charging even more for Creative Cloud every month, so we really get to enjoy features being taken away like this even more.

I'm seconding the PSMirror app. I tried Skala, but I use an iPhone X that doesn't have a traditional 9:16 aspect ratio anymore, and Skala doesn't have a "Zoom to Width" feature, so when you're scrolling your document vertically, it wobbles.

PSMirror allows the document to snap to the width of your phone, so vertically scrolling works beautifully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have totally lost it! For years they have been bloating the apps with useless novelty features and removing important stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I have been looking for the feature for a while now and just thought that it had been hidden somewhere after the update. But deleting it? Seriously? That's so ret***** it's hard to grasp.

In fact I was just working with XD until I noticed that certain fonts just don't render correctly on mobile devices. No idea if there's a conflict with the font license or if this is just a bug, but hey ADOBE, this makes your product absolutely useless. If I cannot see what my design looks like on a mobile device how am I supposed to use it?! Jesus, it's unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthias,

I had to keep CC17 as well as the updates. I use the previous version for the preview feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying here despite our frustration wouldn't amount to anything. I would suggest to those who have LinkedIn Premium accounts to send a message to Stephen Nielson. Here is the Product Manager for Photoshop.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/snielson/

Be kind and polite about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a mobile UX/UI designer who doesn't feel XD is quite ready to handle my workflow, Adobe Preview is an extremely important component of that workflow. I would prefer to use Adobe products, but decreasing efficiency by cutting features is a decision that holds a lot of weight when it comes to considering other potential options (e.g. Sketch).

However, a huge thank you goes out to the person who recommended Canvas for Photoshop on the App Store!

I just installed it and was able to get it up and running in a matter of seconds AND it's optimized to include iPhone X mirroring. All is right with the [adobe-based mobile app design] world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp. I was really sticking to Photoshop but honestly now the reasons are flimsy. I'm going to move to Sketch full time and once I master that, I won't be needing photoshop anymore.

BIG MISTAKE. BIG.

Also, just plain rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez,Adobe! Stop removing useful functions from your products that we all use... another crappy decision by the bean counters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add onto this that it's pretty ridiculous that you have to download a whole new other program to use a simple function of just previewing for mobile devices.

Bad idea adobe.... also more confusing when the simple feature in photoshop cc 7 worked just fine. It literally took 2 hours away from daily task to try to figure this out since I accidentally deleted the app from my phone. Also how awful do you guys have to be to take away the app from the app store.... seriously? why? I didn't want to download another program just to look at my design on a mobile.

Greed is never good, and hope you guys get your morals together because if the preview worked fine and so did the app- why would you take away? It leads me to believe it's for money, but worst is that your shoving your idea of how designers should work without giving them a warning. -_- not ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the pointers in this forum toward  third party App "Canvas" It worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines