• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PS 22.3.0 Pen Tool

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First noticed yesterday when needing to "change" an already existing path.  I deleted points in path not needed, piocked up existing path and started adding my "altered" path.  BUT...instead of continuing with the existing path that I picked up....it leaves path points that do not connect.

The only way I can get the pen tool to work properly is if I start a new "work path" by adding a path point when NOT in a Path layer.

If I create a new path layer...it works incorrectly like described above with no intersecting lines between points.

I've reset my tool, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled PS.

I'm at a complete loss with this.  I just want my pen tool back.

Not that it matters, but I'm on a Mac running Big Sur 11.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known bug. 

Just maintain a Work Path and you should be able to work on named Paths as expected. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints4.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well....that works, but seriously....how rediculous is this?  Has to be the oddest bug I've seen in over 20 years.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sure is a peculiar bug but I don’t want to give anyone a hard time about it. 

The important thing is how quickly the fix is released. 

And quite frankly I think the ruler-visibility-dependent bugs a while back were possibly even more mystifying. (Like the Hue/Saturation dialog becoming unresponsive if the rulers were visible.) 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2113-hue-saturation-dialog-not-resp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines