• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's instructions on making a gif in Photoshop

Advisor ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is showing a panel in its instructions to make a gif that I do not see in Photoshop.  Their instruction is to "click the arrow on the button in the middle of the panel and select Create Frame Animation." 

I don't have that panel as per below.  What gives?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

If you open an Animated GIF there is no need to create a frame animation for it is already created as you show in your screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking for this?

timeline.png

This is what the Timeline panel looks like before an animation has been created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've never made a gif.  I got as far as step 1 in Adobe's instructions here Create animated GIFs |

But it seems like that's enough and the gif is created.

I wonder why Adobe has steps 2-4 if they're superfluous.

Anyway, I exported the gif and it seems okay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it's all ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open an Animated GIF there is no need to create a frame animation for it is already created as you show in your screen capture.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.  But I didn't open an animated gif.  I opened a video file.  Anyway, it's created.  All's well that ends well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

most video is multi-layered... the tutorial says "Click OK to convert the video frames to a single layered file" and that is misleading because the layers they are talking about are not Photoshop layers but that the video now has a single i.e, image layer

also you are correct that the next 2 steps are skipped when using video which should also have been noted in the tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines