Adobe Save for Web error - Write permission problem

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've been running into this weird issue as I'm trying to save from psd to png (using save for web, shift + option + command+ S). The error message reads

Adobe Save for Web error

Could not complete this operation. A write

permissions issue has occurred.

A Google search about this returns nothing. Whether I'm trying to save to my desktop or to Dropbox amounts to the same error. And it seems to be doing that systematically now. My systems permissions seem to be set to read & write, so I'm really confused about this. Does anybody have an idea as to what might cause the problem? I've recently upgraded to Mac OS 11 (Big Sur), and I believe the problem began around the same time... Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you go to the security and privacy settings double check you have this

also sometimes if you reset the preferences is the solution

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.52.24 AM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. As a matter of fact, I do have the permissions opened as one would expect under Files and folders in the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy section of System Preferences.

What I found out since I posted this issue is that Photoshop seems to have changed their Save for Web functionality in Photoshop, so when I try to save using the usual keyboard shortcut Shift + Option + Command + S, it amounts to no good. But if instead of hitting S with that key combination, I hit W (as in Shift + Option + Command + W) - exporting As as opposed to Save for Web - then it prompts a different window and then I can save to png or any other format with ease.

So I guess I fixed my issue, but in the most unexpected way possible. Hope this helps others who were running into the same problem. I can't be the only one.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not... the web is full of cries for help!

I too checked my permissions, reset preference files, restarted my Mac but still that little nasty window!

Thanks for your fix, it does work - although I still find Save for Web more detailed in how to manage the images. 

I wish Adobe would participate more actively in these forums so we can understand if the issue is due to a wrong configuration of our computers (but as I said, I tried everything they suggest - I like many many other people!) or if it's a changed PS functionality.

It would save a lot of stress and time looking for work-arounds...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines