• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Serial Numbers

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe screwing with me?  I have my Serial numbers for CS3 and CS 4 Extended, which obviously I could not have used without the previous iterations. Unfortunately, those DVDs and computers are long gone.  But, when I try to renew my license for these products which I already purchased and which they certainly have a record of, I am unable to validate.  is there any way for me to use the products I paid for and have a valid serial # for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe retired their CS3 activations servers. So you will not be able to activate your CS3 dvd install. You would  need to download the CS3 installer that does not require activation.  However, using your CS3 and CS4 serials with the CS4 DVD installer you should be able to activate CS4.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had registered CS4 when you purchased it, this is your record with a link to the installer in your invoice,

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

If you did not register, all they have is a serial number with no name linked to it. No one registers for you.

The email and password you used in the registration process the only way to get to that order record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice.  I always appreciate the help on the Adobe Forum.  By installer, do you mean the Serial # authentication process? 

I'm not sure why this is on me, in any event.  I have a product that I bought and I have the serial # for that product.  Its already on my computer as well.   It would take Adobe 5 secs to tie the Serial # to my business account which I have had for over 20 years if they are afraid it was a stolen #.  Its really their job to prove its stolen, not mine to prove its legit in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing I remember about serial numbers and activations: You only get two. If you get a third computer, go to the Help menu on one of your old computers and choose "Deactivate" to release it so you may activate the one you want. If that doesn't work, call Customer Service to reset the activations to free them up.

In your Adobe account there is a "Register a new product" option. Do that first.

This is what I mean by registration: I can go in my Account, click on "My Products" and get this:

That is the method they want to prove ownership. They likely won't bother otherwise.

By installer, I mean what your DVD has, the software to install Photoshop, but you had to purchase Ps directly from Adobe and you could then download it in your Order History.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 2.32.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines