• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Photography Indexing

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, I am wondering if anyone has ever created an advanced indexing system for photography?  I do photographic documentation but was asked if I have ever done advanced indexing. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Lightroom and Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For personal uses Lightroom is likely as advanced as you will ever need. You'll be surprised what it can do. People tend to hate the Lightroom catalog concept, but that's what makes very advanced file management possible.

For a larger number of users, you're looking at pro level DAM software at a whole other cost regime. At work we use something called Fotoware, which runs off a dedicated server and allows users to search by any parameter known to man. I'm the main administrator for this (since it's basically filled with my images), so I happen to know that it cost us roughly $25.000 just to get up and running, plus a yearly "maintenance fee" covering upgrades and technical support.

Yeah, and people think Photoshop is "expensive"... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for the tools in Adobe software, then as mentioned, Bridge or Lightroom may do the job. Otherwise, a dedicated DAM tool may be what you are after.

If it is not the tool so much, but the keyword assets that you are talking of, then something like this may be what you are looking for:

Controlled Vocabulary

The Controlled Vocabulary Keyword Catalog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very nice, Stephen. I'll bookmark that. Consistent and standardized search phrases is essential, and to arrive at that, you need to build an "architecture" in your head first. Establishing the rules, as it were. That link contains some very useful tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines