Highlighted

Advice: Computer Specs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2020-09-24-13-05-04-422_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi! I'm going to buy a new set up for home and to use lightroom and Photoshop on. Do the above specifications meet the needs for these two to function well? I do consider upgrading specs eventually for premier but I'm still a long way off it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Advice: Computer Specs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2020-09-24-13-05-04-422_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hi! I'm going to buy a new set up for home and to use lightroom and Photoshop on. Do the above specifications meet the needs for these two to function well? I do consider upgrading specs eventually for premier but I'm still a long way off it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally go for the most RAM I can afford and make sure your graphics card is good. I'm a Mac user, can't speak to the PC but there is this:

Photoshp minimum requitrements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements have one glaring omission: you must have a good amount of free disk space for the Photoshop scratch disk. That's temporary working data that exceeds any RAM you may have installed (no matter how much you have it's not enough).

For most practical uses, that means 150 - 500 GB, depending on how large your files are and how many of them are open at the same time. Personally I would say 1TB, but I work with large files.

Without sufficient scratch disk space, Photoshop will simply close down or refuse to open at all. It can't work.

I have absolutely no idea why this isn't mentioned in the system requirements. If anything is a system requirement, it's this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 1
davescm LATEST
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be concerned with Intel Iris Plus Graphics. More and more functions in Photoshop are looking for a dedicated GPU with dedicated Video Ram. See the link given by Mellisa.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0