Highlighted

Advice on how to divide my image into layers in preparation for 3d projection mapping

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have this photobash file here that i've been working on: 

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 18.58.47.png

I'm about to transfer this into cinema 4d to learn how to create a short projection. I've already made sure the layers continue past what is seen here, as the camera track will move the perspective, but I'm unsure how best to split up the main bulk of my composition (layer 20). I'm also not sure what to do about the light beam, i'm assuming I'd keep that seperate rather than apply to all the layers?

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 19.09.28.png

Here is what the image looks like with layer 20 hidden. It would also be helpful to know the best file format to export each layer, I was assuming .tif?

Apologies, it's my first attempt to transfer into 3D!

Thank you in advance,

Kate

Topics

How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Advice on how to divide my image into layers in preparation for 3d projection mapping

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have this photobash file here that i've been working on: 

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 18.58.47.png

I'm about to transfer this into cinema 4d to learn how to create a short projection. I've already made sure the layers continue past what is seen here, as the camera track will move the perspective, but I'm unsure how best to split up the main bulk of my composition (layer 20). I'm also not sure what to do about the light beam, i'm assuming I'd keep that seperate rather than apply to all the layers?

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 19.09.28.png

Here is what the image looks like with layer 20 hidden. It would also be helpful to know the best file format to export each layer, I was assuming .tif?

Apologies, it's my first attempt to transfer into 3D!

Thank you in advance,

Kate

Topics

How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't use Cinema 4D but when I do this with Blender I tend to split the image into just a few elements, project them onto planes then run a test animation on the render camera. It quickly becomes apparent which parts of an image need to be on individual separate planes. So more of an iterative process rather than trying to pre-empt it all from the start.

Definitely keep your light beam separate as it will become very obvious if it bends at any point.

As long as the format you choose supports the bit depth you want to use plus transparency (so TIFF or PNG) you should be fine.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines