• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After importing a photo into photoshop it opens in main photoshop window instead in a window where..

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

can you please help me with this problem. After importing a photo into photoshop CS6, it opens in main photoshop window, instead ( as it was happening before) in a window where one can make quite a few adjustments, before it moves into the main (more powerful) photoshop window after adjustments or without adjustments.

Not sure if I am clear enough about this problem, still having problems with the technical language, sorry about that.

Could you please help me with fixing this problem, thank you.

Best regards Danny.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Yes go to Edit>Preferences>Camera Raw (windows) or Photoshop>Preferences>Camera Raw (mac) and

set Jpeg to Automatcally open all supported JPEGS and Tiff to Automatically open all supported TIFFS

fh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your referring to the Camera Raw dialog?

Are you opening camera raw, jpeg or tif files?

cr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! Thats the one I am missing. Whether I was importing raw or jpeg picture photoshop always opened in camera raw dialog, lately I use primarily jpeg photos. Can you please advise, how to make changes to my photoshop so that it always opens in camera raw dialog?  Thank you very much,  best regards Danny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff is alluding to, what was originally a RAW file might have been saved as a JPG and it is the JPG you are now opening.  Check the file extensions in File Explorer or the Finder.  You can still open a JPG in Canera RAW by using Ctrl R from Bridge.  You have filters in Bridge that will only display RAW files

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor,  my photoshop used to always open in camera raw regardless whether I imported raw or jpeg formats. That suddenly stopped. And as I use the tools in camera raw window much more than in the photoshop it created a problem for me. Would you know how can I make camera raw window open  every time I import a photograph,  regardless of format?

Thank you very much for helping.

Best regards Danny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes go to Edit>Preferences>Camera Raw (windows) or Photoshop>Preferences>Camera Raw (mac) and

set Jpeg to Automatcally open all supported JPEGS and Tiff to Automatically open all supported TIFFS

fh.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jeff, tis done!!

Thank you and all the others for helping me with that, muchly appreciated

Best regards Danny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines