After PS update it no longer has hardware GPU acceleration

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 PC here, latest updates everywhere, system wide and Adobe related. AMD 5500 GPU with 8gb ram.

LR Classic works nicely and has a GPU support. PS, on the other hand, does not, even after restart and reset.

It recommends of reinstalling the display driver. I can reassure you it's no the driver. Event Viewer in Windows didn't display any error regarding anything display-related. I didn't change the driver for months (AMD releases new stable drivers every 3-4 months). It worked flawlessly before. Also LR has GPU accel working fine. Also this happened after PS update.

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021
There seems to be some GPU-related bugs in the 22.3 update. Some of us had to revert to 22.2 for the time being, so I suggest you do it too.   Open the CC desktop app, uninstall Photoshop, and when you reinstall, click the three dots and choose "other versions". 22.2 is the one you want.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be some GPU-related bugs in the 22.3 update. Some of us had to revert to 22.2 for the time being, so I suggest you do it too.

Open the CC desktop app, uninstall Photoshop, and when you reinstall, click the three dots and choose "other versions". 22.2 is the one you want.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly tolerate this if an update is around the corner... But if it's not, sigh, better go back.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before rolling back Photoshop please back-up all your customized presets. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this bug is gone in 22.2.0

Hope Adobe will release a fix for this asap.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. with 22.1 GPU not working.. with 22.2 working.. and 22.3 not working

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I expected a much faster responce from Adobe... it's been weeks with this quite major bug.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, does anyone have any ETA on the upcoming patch for PS, hoping to have a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're all waiting for 22.4.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one here will have an update as we do not work for Adobe, and Adobe tends not to announce release dates in advance.

Have you reported your specific issue on the bug forum, where Adobe staff will see it?

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

The GPU issue that D.Fosse referred to is different to the discussion in this thread and relates to 30 bit displays and choosing drawing modes.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-223-30-bit-display-and-advanced-dra...

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Dave, I have a feeling these things are all connected. All these problems seem to magically disappear when reverting to 22.2.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I thought it was only AMD related. But seems like certain Nvidias are affected too.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Dag - but wanted to make sure that these additional symptoms were also being flagged to the developers in the feedback forum. If they were not then we could not expect them to be addressed.

Dave

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines