• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after rotating canvas , each time I type/ paste images they paste as per original orientation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac book pro, big sur 11.2.1

most recent photoshop

I have reoriented the canvas to be landscape rather than portrait. I did this when blank

Now everything I paste in or type is vertical , aligned with original orientation.

Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure: Are you talking actual rotation or the Rotate View Tool? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your response. In the meantime I quit photoshop, shut down the laptop and when I restarted to do a screenshot for yoy, lo and behold it was working normaly again...all this depsite the fact that I had already tried this process once and it didn't work.

I am finding SO frequently that I have to do this for a hwjole host of different reasons.

I've been a mac user since before anyone else I know, and have used photoshop for literally decades. I mention this just because I haven't got too many windows open, I've done all the updates, I've got sufficienty memory etc etc.

Since  photoshop has become a rip off subscription product , I just seem to have endless issues.

I also cannot highlight text frequently ( it makes a new text layer instead ) , the character settings I apply simply randomly don't apply, there was a period when I couldnt stroke a line or the pen tool want working properly....just to name a few

Sorry to rant and thanks again fo ryour response. If you can shed any light on teh text issues I'd be greatful!!!

Kind regards

Cardine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots. 

If clicking the Type Layers on the Canvas causes issues you may want to double-click the Type Layer in the Layers Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I have a feeling I have tried that.

It is again, an intermittent issue. i just trie dto replicate it but couldn't

So I will try your sugggestion the nexxt time it happens and let you know

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that didnt work. Theres no point in sending screen shots_ youd need to see a video because I selct the type layer then I hover over the text but as son as i click a new layer is made. If I repeat the process 6 or 7 times or go away from it and do other stuff eventually it works as it should but clearly this is unsatisfactory , putting it mildly. I am finding taht many things arent workinga s they should and I am having to resort to quitting photoshop completely and reopeneing it in order for the tool to work again as it should. As I said, everythings up to date, no memory issues, havent got much open at all etc ....I neve rused to have these issues before it became subscription based....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines