Highlighted

After saving .psd file and reopening, "...is not a valid Document" pops up in Photoshop 21.1.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.31.22 AM.png

 When I try to reopen photoshop files I have just saved, I get this error. Every file does this.

Version 21.1.3

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After saving .psd file and reopening, "...is not a valid Document" pops up in Photoshop 21.1.3

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 10.31.22 AM.png

 When I try to reopen photoshop files I have just saved, I get this error. Every file does this.

Version 21.1.3

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Photoshop 21.1.3 is showing an error message while saving a PSD file. 

What is your operating system and are you getting the same error message while working with all the PSD files and other file formats?

Would you mind checking out the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-not-a-valid-photoshop-document.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the problem has worked itself out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sometimes when we save file as psd format it won't save along with their .psd format in the end of file name.
Try it once for e.g (you saved file name "Project1" so just rename the "Project1" to "Project1.psd"), if it won't work then kindly share psd file over here i will review and let youknow about the issue.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in my response. I was out of office for a couple days. Would you mind updating to the latest version 21.2.0 of Photoshop and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines