• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After the last photoshop update, Photoshop does not detect my video card.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was working fine before the most recent update - Now since the update photoshop doesn't detect my video card.  I have an GeForce 2080 Ti and I'm using the most recent Photoshop 2020 64 bit.

Under "Detected Graphics Processor" it's just blank but I can select "Use Graphics Processor".  But I can't enable any OpenGL stuff. 

Steps I've tried:
My Nvidia driver is up to date.  

I've enabled "Legacy Compositing" (This was supposed to solve graphics issues sometimes)

I've gone into the Nvidia Control panel and selected "2080 ti" for the "use this processor" choice for both the global settings and the adobe photoshop program in the Nvidia 3d settings.

I've disabled "Use Graphics Processor" and restarted photoshop and re-selected it again.  

Nothing seems to work.  It's kind of frustrating because I'm so used to using flick panning! lol 

I have no idea what Adobe broke with this latest update but like I said, I've been fine for all the previous versions with no issues. It's only after this most recent update that "Detected graphics processor" was broken and I have no idea how to fix it.  

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. 

Any advice is helpful! 

Thanks,
Frank

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are issues with Photoshop version 21.2 and old and not so old GPU's, but I haven't seen anyone having issues with the RTX cards.

I have a RTX 2060 super on my home PC and Photoshop detects that just fine, but I have an older 2018 Nvidia Quadro card on my work PC and Photoshop won't detect that, the only option I had for that PC was to roll back to version 21.1.3

I reported the issue on the Adobe Feedback forum here

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

Adobe are currently looking into the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the info.  Yeah, I guess at this point I better just roll back to 21.1.3 and see what happens.  I know the problem isn't the RTX 2080 Ti because any other programs that use it for acceleration are functoning just fine.  I guess it's just hit and mix at this moment as to what cards photoshop will have problems with. 

EDIT: I rolled back to 21.1.3 and it detects the card just fine now, so yes the problem is with 21.2 and the RTX 2080 Ti card.  I guess I'll go give them feedback - thanks for the link.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Dave one of the ACP's has the same GPU as you and Photoshop 21.2 detects that card fine for him, go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use Photoshop v 21.2 here with an RTX2080ti. No issues detecting it. I'm using NVidia studio driver 451.58 and Windows 10 v1909

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not very encouraging! I'm using Nvidia driver 451.67 because I updated to the most recent in an attempt to fix it.  Not sure what I was running before though but it doesn't matter, 21.2 didn't see it either way.  The upper photo is Photoshop 21.2 and the second photo is 21.1.3.  The only difference between us is I'm running Windows 7 so I don't know if that's part of the issue with photoshop. 

Thanks for posting.

Photoshop 21.2Photoshop 21.2

Photoshop 21.1.3Photoshop 21.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try updating to version 21.2.1, it has fixed the issue for me, GPU is now been detected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as Rallonian. 
Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.4. Windows 7. 

Photoshop crashed as I was working with in the 3D panel ironically.

After restart most 3D menu items are greyed out. 

Photoshop doesn't detect the video card. NVIDA, latest driver.

Now Creative Cloud does not start 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installed Creative Cloud. 
That starts now, but I cannot find any options options to downgrade to Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.2, which I understand brobably will fix the problem with the graphics processor. 

Help - what can I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MrFast your issue is that you still use Windows 7 which has no up to date Gpu drivers because its ended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines