• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After trying 10 different options, Photoshop still doesn't work with Big Sur

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, nobody was able to help me, neither on the phone or through the chat. People say "Wait a bit, Adobe is working on a solution". The install fails at 8%, priors versions don't work. Problems are:

1- I can't edit my photos and it's the biggest part of my daily job,

2- I pay for the "Photography suite" and only Lightroom is working.

I have a recent iMac retina 4K, i5 (May 2019).

Here is the last error message I had. But when I look inside this file, it's just EMPTY on my computer.

Please help!!

MANY THANKS in advance.

Capture d’écran 2020-12-04 à 08.46.57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

I DID IT!!

After long readings in English and French I finally understood that I had to disable the "SIP" in the rescue Terminal in order to access the COLORSYNC file that was blocked (System file)

Then I was able to remove the "recommended" file.
Then I re-installed Photoshop and it worked!

I am so proud of my determination! Nobody on the phone or chat ever thought about that option. I wish it could help other people 🙂
Have a nice day everyone and thaks for your advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot,

I already did all that with someone on the chat...
😞

"uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, Emmanuelle.

This is not normal...

What are the 10 steps that you tried?

I would begin using the CC Cleaner tool to make sure there is no remaining of a failed installation attempt. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci ! This is the 1st thing they asked me to try. It failed (but I had the same issue on my macBook with Catalina and it worked!)

Then we looked into some files, then we tried to install priors versions...

On the phone 2 days ago they said (again) "Be patient it's going to work soon"

😳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing it again right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working 😞
Failed at 8% as usual...

Capture d’écran 2020-12-06 à 07.07.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 151

Capture d’écran 2020-12-06 à 07.16.15.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography is your livelihood, and you upgraded to a brand new system? Speechless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I PAY for a service... How am I supposed to know the upgrade won't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How am I supposed to know the upgrade won't work?" Right or wrong, you should EXPECT apps to have problems in a new system, and EXPECT problems. Plan for this. EVERY new mac OS version has weeks or months of people in the forums who have also jumped to be first in the new system and cannot do important work.

New macOS versions often have big changes and new bugs, and it can take even the most careful and fast app makers months to catch up. Sometimes new macOS fixes are needed from Apple. If an app is important to you, check status before upgrading. In all cases wait 2-3 months. OR, do what many people do - upgrade just one machine to make sure all is well, run with it for a while to check before upgrading main machine(s).  I assume if photography is your livelyhood you have multiple Macs in case one breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I will remember it. Some of my friends switched on Big Sur BEFORE me and had none problem. I am not a geek but not so stupid... 
This time the issue had nothing to do with Big Sur. I found the solution this morning 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID IT!!

After long readings in English and French I finally understood that I had to disable the "SIP" in the rescue Terminal in order to access the COLORSYNC file that was blocked (System file)

Then I was able to remove the "recommended" file.
Then I re-installed Photoshop and it worked!

I am so proud of my determination! Nobody on the phone or chat ever thought about that option. I wish it could help other people 🙂
Have a nice day everyone and thaks for your advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brava, Emma. Good work and you are helpful to others who may have your problem.  Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines