Highlighted

After updating my photoshop it auto closes after opening jpegs

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to do. After updating my photoshop it now auto closes after opening any and all jpegs.

I tried tech support with Adobe and they went into my computer and dowloaded GEForce drivers for the Graphic cards and tried to work on the prefrences. We got ride of the media caches etc. Still no matter what we or I tried Photoshop still auto closes after opening up any jpegs. If I work on a Photoshop file it works or if I open a new document but if I try to add a jpeg etc. it auto closes again. I need help!  I have seen from past posts from people here where after they updated their photoshop it did the same thing but I can't figure out what to do to fix it, I even uninstalled all of my photoshops and reinstalled them but still photoshop auto closes after opening a jpeg. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Import and export, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After updating my photoshop it auto closes after opening jpegs

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to do. After updating my photoshop it now auto closes after opening any and all jpegs.

I tried tech support with Adobe and they went into my computer and dowloaded GEForce drivers for the Graphic cards and tried to work on the prefrences. We got ride of the media caches etc. Still no matter what we or I tried Photoshop still auto closes after opening up any jpegs. If I work on a Photoshop file it works or if I open a new document but if I try to add a jpeg etc. it auto closes again. I need help!  I have seen from past posts from people here where after they updated their photoshop it did the same thing but I can't figure out what to do to fix it, I even uninstalled all of my photoshops and reinstalled them but still photoshop auto closes after opening a jpeg. 

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, How to, Import and export, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this issue. What operating system are you working on Windows or Mac?

Did they have you turn your Graphics Card off and restart Photoshop?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10. PC.   yes we turned off the Graphics card and restarted potoshop. well I did actually but it didn't work 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured that you had, but it never hurts to ask! Do you have your previous version of Photoshop still installed? If not, here is a help doc that will show you how to install a previous version so that you can get back to work while this get's fixed. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#Howtoretainpreviousvers...

Also, 2 things: Here is another post regarding preferences that helped another user with Windows 10:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/cannot-open-photoshop-2020/td-p/10717064?page=1

It wouldn't hurt to read through and try it to see if it helps.

And, if the above doesn't help, I would recommend that you submit a bug report. It falls under the heading of a crash report, and here is a help doc that gives you the info: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Let us know if either of those work?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I did uninstall of previous versions and well all versions of photoshops to see if that helped and then went to the cloud app to reinstall the photoshop, however after uninstalling the previous photoshops it only gave me the option of installing 2 different versions of photoshop the 21 and the 22 version. But those are the version(s) that I had the issue with. Now I can't go back to previous versions I don't think.  

But I will go through each of the links you provided me and see if I can do anything or if anything works .  I wish I never updated but at the same time now more importantly I wish that I find a solution to this bazar problem and get it fixed so I can work 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps to install previous versions from the link that you  provided but sadly there are no other versions of Photoshop available that I see. Everything else in the steps listed in your first link has been confirmed and on point 

Rachael0101_0-1603849353546.pngRachael0101_1-1603849370944.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will get fixed, but if you can go back to 21 until it does then you can keep on working. Did you say that you were having issues with it as well?

Also, just a note, next time you upgrade, hit the button below the Install button to not override your current version. It will install the latest version as a new program and you can get rid of the old one later when everything is working correctly.

Michelle 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct the 21 is not working either, both the 21 and the 22 have the same issue and were both updated about or near the same time. I did actullay have tNot to override current versions, but because none of my photoshops were working right after the update, I decided maybe it's because I have the older versions and Photoshop doesn't like that ....so I uninstalled and reinstalled but was only given the option under "Install Older Versions" of Photoshop version 21 and 22"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that. Yes, unfortunately, that is the new normal--we are unable to go back further than two versions.

Please make sure that you put this into a crash report so that the engineers are aware of what's going on. I know they are working on things to get them fixed as quickly as possible. (I also know that it doesn't help you right now! I am sorry!) 

Unfortutely, I don't have any other suggestions. Check back on the forums, and the Fixed issues page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

If I hear of any resolution, I will let you know.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to send a CRASH Report because there is no pop up screen to send the crash report....due Photoshop just auto closing upon opening any jpeg file. I looked online awhile ago when you first suggested I send a CRASH Report and was not able to find how to send a CRASH Report other than when the POP UP Window appears. But Again I don't get a pop up window at all....Photoshop just auto closes with no crash report or error message upon opening any jpeg.  Yes, Please let me know if you hear anything on how to fix this issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the steps to install previous versions from the link that you  provided but sadly there are no other versions of Photoshop available that I see. Everything else in the steps listed in your first link has been confirmed and on point 

Rachael0101_0-1603849353546.pngRachael0101_0-1603849353546 (1).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying all the options--I am sorry that we can't get over this bump. I know that the Adobe Staff are watching the forums closely because of the feedback in the forums and will see your post. I will keep an eye out too for a resolution to the issue. 

I hope we can get this fixed for you soon!

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachael!

I am checking back to see if you are still having the same issues?

I found this thread from someone having a very similar problem and one of the engineer's notes: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/m-program-error-while-opening-or-creating-new-document-afte...

I am also including the GPC information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

I found another thread where the person uninstalled v22 and then reinstalled it, but without importing the preferences from the old version and then they disabled the Graphics Processor Card, and it was working for them.

Please let us know if you have been able to resolve the issue, or if you are still having problems?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same thing.  Adobe actually got into my computer and tried to fix it.   but  did not.  said they would call me back.  they never did.  i called and was told it was sent to a senior team.. 3 weeks ago.. still no call,, still not working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0