• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airbrush Tool simply not working. Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have raked the forums and help and nothing seems to answer this for me. The Airbrush tool simply will not working, I click the airbrush icon, Hold down left mouse button over an artwork without moving mouse and... nothing. No airbrush, no buildup. Have reset all preferences and settings and problem still occurs, reset all tools, problem still occurs. Any ideas? Gonna try reinstalling photoshop and seeing if that fixes this. I really hope at least somebody actually can help me on this god-forsaken tundra of a support system. lol.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late night error; Version is CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not having an answer but my Photoshop CC 2018 does not have the airbrushes at all (anymore). I wonder what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem I can't find the airbrushes at all and I'm going out of my mind trying to find an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure it out? I’m hahingthe same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, too. I have tried everything I can imagine. Apparently just not the right thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, Brushes, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trevorf79582615 , what do you mean by »Airbrush tool« exactly?

Did you mean the Brush Tool with an Airbrush Brush Tip?

my Photoshop CC 2018 does not have the airbrushes at all (anymore).

lindakaroliina, have you tried the Legacy Brushes?

Please post a screenshot of the Brush Settings Panel with »Brush Tip Shape« selected and scrolled to the top of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The airbrush is just to the right of the flow control when you have a normal brush selected. It's a small icon.Airbrush.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found the brushes, and the settings are exactly the same as before. Pretty sure though that the brushes weren't there when I first opened the new version. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks anyway.

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.01.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these? I still can't find mine....I have no airbrushes in my brush pannel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to do some actual troubleshooting or at least provide the information necessary for others to help you (for example post meaningful screenshots).

Have you loaded the Legacy Brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out what my issue was. If you have one of the "Catch-up" boxes checked for Smoothing, it won't build up. Make sure they are unchecked. Apparently that's because it's waiting for a specific time during a stroke to smooth and update before proceeding with any more brush additions. Those are located in the drop down menu next to the Smoothing that looks like a gear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's locked, do you know how I unlock it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking about the "catch-up" boxes but I finally was able to uncheck them and even so, the airbrush is still not working...

I tried to install older cc versions of photoshop but it's still not working, is there anything I'm missing here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»It is not working« is a somewhat unclear description, so please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"), start a new thread and provide meaningful information including screenshots including the pertinent Panels that illustrate your problem:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the new airbrush took.  It is very limited... this really sucks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state what you mean exactly instead of meaningless complaints.

As far as I can tell the »old« brush functionalities have not been removed, the »new« Airbrush is just one option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Airbrushing used to be a doddle in Photoshop, but over the years it has become harder to use, and is now barely functional at all. The pre set airbrushes right down the list of brush types are of little use. All that is needed is a very soft brush and use the fade control, so you set the airbrush stroke length to last for a given number of pixels – and that seems to have vanished. Have the chaps at Adobe ever used an airbrush?  What we have now has too abrupt a finishing edge with the fade option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which property do you use the Fade anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.choose brush

2.converted legacy tool presets

3.voila!

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.08.41.png

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.09.11.png

Screenshot 2018-11-13 at 15.09.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Samantha, that's worked fine

I just need to find the fade option on this. Do you know where it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no sure about that , sorry can't help

Kind regards,

Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need to find the fade option on this. Do you know where it is?

What do you want to fade exactly?

Fade can be set for several features in the Brush Settings Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines