• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Airbrush Tool simply not working. Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have raked the forums and help and nothing seems to answer this for me. The Airbrush tool simply will not working, I click the airbrush icon, Hold down left mouse button over an artwork without moving mouse and... nothing. No airbrush, no buildup. Have reset all preferences and settings and problem still occurs, reset all tools, problem still occurs. Any ideas? Gonna try reinstalling photoshop and seeing if that fixes this. I really hope at least somebody actually can help me on this god-forsaken tundra of a support system. lol.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many thanks for getting back to me. What I’m fading is the length of an airbrush stroke. It will be expressed in pixels, 50, 100 etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Transfer > Opacity Jitter > Control > Fade and set the appropriate value, but I don’t think it is expressed in pixels as you seem to imagine.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 19.38.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi c.pfaffenbichler,

That’s the answer! Many thanks. For the first time in a long time I can get the airbrush to work as I want. Why on earth this facility carries the name ‘transfer’ I can’t imagine. No wonder it’s hard to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could apply the Fade to the diameter, too, under »Shape Dynamics« or combine Fades on different properties.

Or use Pen Pressure instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to mark your answer as correct, but can’t see how to. I’m sure there used to be a button for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that would be the original poster’s ürerogative, though Forum administrators can also mark answers correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem was that I had the mode on "multiply". In mode "normal" it worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines