Highlighted

Aligning text in Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to embed some text into a marble background.  All of that text is to be written horizontally but part of it will be in different font sizes.  That part needs to be aligned at the top edges of the letters but I am not able to find out how to do such an action and to still be able to perform blending options on the text layer.  Do any of you have any hints or rememdies please?  PP

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Aligning text in Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to embed some text into a marble background.  All of that text is to be written horizontally but part of it will be in different font sizes.  That part needs to be aligned at the top edges of the letters but I am not able to find out how to do such an action and to still be able to perform blending options on the text layer.  Do any of you have any hints or rememdies please?  PP

Topics

How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make separate layers for every text to be able to align it separatly.
You can also convert it to shape to align it perfectly.
I hope I understood what you mean but if you upload a screenshot it will be better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you. can use Baseline Shift to align the letters. 

Do you want to align capitals and lowercase letters optically? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top Align.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Baseline Shift should be roughly

(big fontsize - small fontsize) * 0,716

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically what I would like to do, however, to show you, I had to rasterise the layer and save it as a jpeg.  I wish to align the top of the letters, but still be able to perform 'Blend' functions on the text.  Thank you to all of you who have responded. PP

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That part needs to be aligned at the top edges of the letters"

I'm trying to picture how this will look. Will the text with different type sizes have varying baselines?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines