Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new HP Spectre x360 laptop. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel i7

RAM: 16GB

Edition: Windows 10, Version: 20H2

Graphics: Intel UHD 27.20.100.9030

I have updated everything on my laptop I can think of and meet all the app requirements, but after opening ANY adobe product (even earlier versions) my laptop closes out of the app or restarts all together. I'm not sure if this is an adobe issue or a computer issue. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All Adobe Apps Crashing

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new HP Spectre x360 laptop. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel i7

RAM: 16GB

Edition: Windows 10, Version: 20H2

Graphics: Intel UHD 27.20.100.9030

I have updated everything on my laptop I can think of and meet all the app requirements, but after opening ANY adobe product (even earlier versions) my laptop closes out of the app or restarts all together. I'm not sure if this is an adobe issue or a computer issue. Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I open photoshop and in the middle of editing a picture it freezes, gives blue screen, and restarts. Same for illustrator, lightroom etc. Very frustrating. Brand new computer out of box and adobe suite was the first and only thing downloaded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with all the main Adobe applications that I use (Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, & Audition). Everytime I open the applications, I can do a few things then the application freezes and my computer restarts. I bought the HP Spectre x360 Intel Core i7, in December 2020 and Adobe Creative Cloud applications are the only thing I've downloaded on the computer.  It's very frustrating because I use this laptop and these applications for my work and can't do anything on them!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 0
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After speaking with some employees at Best Buy and doing some more research, I found out that the graphics card in the Spectre is not compatible with Adobe (it is a 300 series NVIDIA which isn't compatible). Older versions of this computer are compatible but this specific version has a graphics card that isn't going to work and is going to continue to restart or shut down the program and/or computer. You can still use Adobe products by shutting off the use of a graphics card in the program, but you will lose speed and some of the capabilities. I ended up trading in the Spectre for a normal laptop and a drawing tablet instead. Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 0