• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Adobe programs crashing randomly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced random "crashing" last week and this week? My coworkers have all experienced this where all adobe programs will close out by themselves with no crash warning or error messages post crash. Sometimes I sleep my laptop, open it back up only to find everything closed out with no error messages. Sometimes in the middle of working its just closes out. I dont even know if this is considered a "crash" as the computer doesnt even realize the programs quit itself. And just now, I was just looking at my design, pondering, and it closed out without me doing a single thing or even moving my cursor.

OSX Sierra, 10.12.6 with the latests CC installed on both my mac pro and mbp retina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynnc39797968,

Kindly let us know the name of the Adobe Apps crashing on your machine so that we can loop in an expert and help you better.

Till then you may refer to Adobe Creative Cloud applications close immediately after launch.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Been using photoshop and indesign mostly. Both have exited without warning or post-crash messages. I can try the solution of signing in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Photoshop keeps crashing on me.  About the worst time possible, as I have a huge art show this weekend, and I need Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an ongoing problem even after signing in and out of the creative suite launcher/taskbar item. This time I had both inDesign and photoshop open. Photoshop was idle in the background as I was working in indesign. Then indesign just quit all of a sudden. No error message, no recovered file upon reopening, no nothing. Photoshop was also closed out. No time to think about saving as I was only about 3-5minutes into my work.

FIX THIS PLEASE. Thanks.

specs at the time: OSX SIerra, Slack, MS outlook, and chrome open. NO other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still exiting. Just opened PS, AI, and ID. Went to browsing online before working (no files opened in those adobe programs) and everything just shut down in the background.

Detrimental problem if I was working and didnt get a chance to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened again. Photoshop in the background and closed out with no errors. Was browsing on chrome. Nothing else opened. Will continue to monitor if its chrome related. Good thing i saved before i browsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this problem as well, Photoshop and AE crash even when they're idle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened again. In the middle of indesign and everything just quit. Not browsing this time. SUPER ANNOYING. FIXXXXX please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crashed again. this time i just opened a PDF and ID, PS and AI closed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now i was just working in Lightroom and that closed out! (PS opened in the background)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try clearing the Adobe font cache.

See here for more info: Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

1. Quit all Adobe Apps.
  2. Search for .lst files
  3. delete Delete Adobe.lst files.
  4. Start up an Adobe App. Will take longer to load as it rebuilds the the font caches

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest creative suite apps keep crashing too! All at once. I'm working across Indesign, Photoshop and Indesign. It happens while I'm using them. It's very frustrating! It's only started happening following the latest update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem with Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop - all randomly shutting down, sometimes whilst actively working in them and sometimes on returning to my mac after a short break. This has happened on 2 Imacs in our house - it must be an Adobe issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me too! If a file isn't saved I'll still get a prompt asking whether I want to save or not. Adobe CC behaves as if I decided to hit Quit when I didnt. Happens occasionally and effects all open Adobe applications. When reopening I tend to get asked to log back into my Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out yet? It is SO frustrating when this happens! Like everyone else, I too have to re-login to Adobe. Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem - all the Adobe apps I use are just crashing randomly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It asks me if I want to save my files and that's all. Suddenly Indesign, Illustrator and Reader Pro all shutting down... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem and it was driving me crazy. Turns out it was a problem with my GPU. My very nice Adobe tech help person downloaded the manufacturer drivers and pointed my computer to those instead of the Microsoft drivers that came preinstalled. With those AMD drivers installed it worked great. Tech guy told me that Microsoft drivers don't work well with my card (Radeon 5700) and that it shuts Premiere down. It's been working great since then (knock on wood).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, still have the same problem. PP is able to save the file but Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator just shut down randomly and always together at the same time. Did you manage to fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines