Highlighted

All Adobe programs crashing randomly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced random "crashing" last week and this week? My coworkers have all experienced this where all adobe programs will close out by themselves with no crash warning or error messages post crash. Sometimes I sleep my laptop, open it back up only to find everything closed out with no error messages. Sometimes in the middle of working its just closes out. I dont even know if this is considered a "crash" as the computer doesnt even realize the programs quit itself. And just now, I was just looking at my design, pondering, and it closed out without me doing a single thing or even moving my cursor.

OSX Sierra, 10.12.6 with the latests CC installed on both my mac pro and mbp retina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

All Adobe programs crashing randomly

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced random "crashing" last week and this week? My coworkers have all experienced this where all adobe programs will close out by themselves with no crash warning or error messages post crash. Sometimes I sleep my laptop, open it back up only to find everything closed out with no error messages. Sometimes in the middle of working its just closes out. I dont even know if this is considered a "crash" as the computer doesnt even realize the programs quit itself. And just now, I was just looking at my design, pondering, and it closed out without me doing a single thing or even moving my cursor.

OSX Sierra, 10.12.6 with the latests CC installed on both my mac pro and mbp retina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynnc39797968,

Kindly let us know the name of the Adobe Apps crashing on your machine so that we can loop in an expert and help you better.

Till then you may refer to Adobe Creative Cloud applications close immediately after launch.

Awaiting your response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Been using photoshop and indesign mostly. Both have exited without warning or post-crash messages. I can try the solution of signing in and out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Photoshop keeps crashing on me.  About the worst time possible, as I have a huge art show this weekend, and I need Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an ongoing problem even after signing in and out of the creative suite launcher/taskbar item. This time I had both inDesign and photoshop open. Photoshop was idle in the background as I was working in indesign. Then indesign just quit all of a sudden. No error message, no recovered file upon reopening, no nothing. Photoshop was also closed out. No time to think about saving as I was only about 3-5minutes into my work.

FIX THIS PLEASE. Thanks.

specs at the time: OSX SIerra, Slack, MS outlook, and chrome open. NO other programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still exiting. Just opened PS, AI, and ID. Went to browsing online before working (no files opened in those adobe programs) and everything just shut down in the background.

Detrimental problem if I was working and didnt get a chance to save.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened again. Photoshop in the background and closed out with no errors. Was browsing on chrome. Nothing else opened. Will continue to monitor if its chrome related. Good thing i saved before i browsed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this problem as well, Photoshop and AE crash even when they're idle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0