• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All custom brushed missing

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working as usual but when I opened Photoshop today all my custom bruhses were gone.
They are not in the folders or whereever.

Also I cannot create new brush presets as then an error-message will appear that my selection is empty (although I am doing it as all the time I'm creating brushes (from .png)). What is going wrong here? I did not update/delete/change anything since the last time I opened Photoshop (CC2020).

Please help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of my custom stuff saved in a library. I have a library for brushes, one for styles, etc. I don't know what your workflow is, but you should always save your custom stuff away from Photoshop. I have a folder called Adobe Extras on Dropbox. I've had this folder longer than Dropbox has existed. All of my custom presets are in there, some going back to the 90's. 

As for your error, make sure you are on the right layer. If still having problems, I recommend resetting preferences. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your effort in writing that answer, but how is this going to help me with my problem? 
Double checked everything, reinstalled again without deleting previous custom folders. Of course I am on the right layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry my answer wasn't helpful. Hopefully somone else will pop in and help. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines