• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All images appear grainy and over-sharpened in PS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this.pngOn the left is an example of how my images appear in Photoshop, and on the right is how it appears normally. The image is around 3000 pixels wide, so it shouldn't be an issue with anti-aliasing. Photoshop does this to all files I open or create. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop; it's changed nothing. I'm working on a ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401 if that helps. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»normally«? What is that supposed to mean? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixes the problem very well. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it doesn't "fix" the problem, but it shows you where it is: the video card and driver.

Go to the GPU manufacturer's site (Nvidia/AMD) and download an updated driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've installed the latest driver for my graphics card, but when I turn on "Use Graphics Processor" again it goes back to being grainy. I'll be leaving it not using my GPU until I can find a more effective fix. Thanks anyway.
I have discovered that AfterEffects does the same thing, but I can't find the settings to turn off the GPU. Do you know where I can find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines