• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of a sudden I can no longer save as anything other than a tif of psd or psb file

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- Photoshop is updated and I cannot save as anything other than a tif, psd or psb file -- I can choose Save as - but this is not efficient and is confusing because it overwrites other files.

What's the fix? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

appreciate that - but that's the bug and has never happened before. I don't want to 'save a copy' I want to save as. this is all of a sudden and not cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bug, you might be misunderstanding something. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

If there is a real issue please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for this. When I go to 'save' I have only the option to save it as a tif, psd, or psb. Guess it is something new, but I am not happy with it. They are merged layers so the other options should be available as they used to be, without having to choose the save as.

Thanks again/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since 22.4, if your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel or hidden pixels etc) then the file format is moved from Save As (Shift+Ctrl+S) to the Save a Copy command (Alt+Ctrl+S). This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep them aligned.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate your reply. Yep, I got the same reply above. Thank you -- it's not a good new feature and is creating more work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines