All selection tools seem to be bugging out, they are selecting WAY too much. Video included

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after rebooting PC photoshop works out for some time, but eventually this happens: https://streamable.com/0uo2qj

I recently wiped my computer completely with a fresh Win 10 install and Photoshop is the latest version (21.1.3). Never had this problem in previous Photoshop versions (like pre-2019). 

Any help appreciated!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

If you are using a tablet and WinTab API Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab support in the 21.1 update and has not fixed it. You need to use Windows INK API above Photoshop 2020 version 21.0.3

Topics

Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the selection tools issue. Could you please update Photoshop to 21.2 version to see if that helps.

To update Photoshop to 21.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud Desktop app next to Photoshop.

More details and instructions for updating

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, reading the forum, the 21.2 update seems to bring even more new bugs (and apparently even more annoying, like black screen or impossibility to save files) so I'll wait for the next one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't read too much into that. Whilst it is undoubtably causing issues on some systems, I have no new issues running 21.2 here. Try it, you can always step back if it causes an issue for you.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines