Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All tool cursors suddenly look like a circle in Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

I've been using Photoshop for years and years, but this morning when I opened my Photoshop 2021 app on my 2019 iMac (Big Sur, 11.2.3), the cursor for every tool looks like a big circle. This is almost impossible to use when trying to make precise selections with the marquee tool, etc.

Before anyone says to change the cursor preferences or use the caps lock to get the crosshairs... Yes, I know. I know you can change the "painting cursor" to be a circle, crosshairs, or circle in crosshairs, or just crosshairs while brushing. I know you can change other tool cursors to be a circle or crosshairs.

I know. I've played with that, but it's useless. It's not what I need.

If you switch to "precise" crosshairs for all other tools, then everything from the clone stamp to the eyedropper to the zoom tool looks like crosshairs. I don't want that. I want the eyedropper to look like the freaking eyedropper the entire time I'm using it. I want the zoom tool to look like the +/- magnifying glass the entire time. I want the marquee tool to look like crosshairs. Why did this change?

More to the point -- how do I fix it?

I appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to reset the Photoshop preferences to the default settings?

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your PS preferences>Cursors and check that you don't have any modifer keys stuck down (like Shift). 

Cursor copy.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines