all tools stuck as hand tool

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I use the newest update of photoshop CC and I'm having a lot of trouble.

for no particular reason, about a week ago, an error message would pop up when I tried to work with layers. I uninstalled and reinstalled (and updated) photoshop and that bug went away. now whenever I use any tool, the icon for that tool will show up, but it only works as the hand tool. I have tried cleaning my spacebar vigorously, but that did nothing. the brush tool with works if I draw a horizontal line, but that is it. I have reset all tools and restarted my windows 10 laptop countless times.

I use photoshop for art and animation and occasionally simple projects for school- things that could be make in MS Word

I am not an advanced user, and I've been using photoshop for a year.

please help???

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018
Hi reddickulous,Microsoft released an update that fixes this: More info here: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10Regards,Pete

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset your preferences when you reinstalled?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, would it make a difference if I reset preferences now?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would probably help.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and it didn't do a thing.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Wacom related issue And is covered in other threads. Please search this forum for the solution as it’s already been dealt with. Thanks

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isn't solely a Wacom issue. This is an Adobe or Microsoft issue more likely, as I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 with newest PS/CC installed.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. A horizontal line can be drawn, but otherwise the hand tool is EVERY tool. Using PS CC, newest, on Surface Pro 5. I went so far as to uninstall Creative Cloud as well, and to use Adobe's Cleaner tool to remove all host files and anything associated with CC. I then reinstalled CC, then an OLDER version of Photoshop (2017) within CC, thinking this would work, and it didn't.

This has rendered PS completely unusable, and I've had to start learning Clip Studio to get anything done.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. Youre right, its not only Wacom pens that are affected. Did you unistall the most recent Microsoft update too?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. And it doesn't give the option  to uninstall it in the MS updates.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi reddickulous,

Microsoft released an update that fixes this: More info here: Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Regards,

Pete

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.4. I am actually utilizing the free trial to decide on the product. So far it’s Not a good look and I am glad I didn’t purchase yet which I almost did. The hand    is the only tool available in tools for “me” and it does absolutely nothing. It doesn’t work during the training or regular editing. I ttied the spacebar option , reset preferences and so on from previous posts. No Cigar Adobe, what’s up?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me usingMacBook Pro with Catalina CC PS 22.3

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines